• V
    V

Marked for reference

• TopHat
    TopHat

Are the Watchtower Lawyers the "Jehovah" of the GB? I think so

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Oh just great!!!! Just what we need up this way, more WTS buildings with added/transfered Borg members!!

• metatron
    metatron

OK, so they don't have enough elders as it is and now they will appoint local yokels to be their inspector generals?

While a few will lust for power, many more will not give up their weekends to troubleshoot local problems. Wanna be an unpaid employee of Watchtower, Inc.? Spend your evenings with committee matters instead of your grandkids? or your wife? or your hobbies? Spend your free time preparing assembly parts instead of fishing?

If you thought congregations were full of rot now, wait until this arrangement gets into gear! A bunch of tired retirees fend off nepotism and local scandals...... yeah, that'll work!

metatron

• minimus
    minimus

The hardcore will become moreso. The SPY system shall be in place.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This is starting to sound a lot like the old Methodist Church when they switched over from the circuit riding preachers to a local clergy.

Yikies.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It will be interesting since increasing the frequency of mini-CO visits and using "non-professional" Bethel representatives will cheapen the arrangement. It will be a lot easier for the local BOE to ignore the recommendations of the mini-CO, since he probably won't be back, or someone with a different opinion will follow him.

When such a thing comes along, I'm sure it will be hailed as something great. But the implementation will be disasterous with local power struggles.

B the X

• MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ
    MAHERSHALALHASHBAZ

I wouldn't get too hung up on the "buzzwords" used in the original post. The poster was simply paraphrasing the information they'd been given. Reminds me of, "Isn't it interesting that Paul used the word (insert over-translated English word) when describing..."

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

A close friend of mine that served for many years b4 he faded always spoke of the politics on a local level, (the congregation), and in the circuit in general. I saw this quite a bit in my original congregation. I was changing congregations and the brothers just completely bad mouthed the elders in my new congregation. It was really amazing how they justified their actions. You could imagine what they would do to Joe publisher if he was that critical of an elder body

I can only imagine what some of the local elders will be like when brother so and so who was bad mouthed is now a mini CO. I can't wait for the fireworks to begin

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I wonder how they will spin this Biblically? They've always said that Paul and Timothy were traveling overseers... now are they going to say that they were superPO's?

i.e.:

w9611/15p.19par.16HowTravelingOverseersServeasFaithfulStewards***

Travelingoverseerstrytobeencouraging. When Paul visited the congregations in Macedonia, he ‘encouraged them with many a word.’ (Acts 20:1, 2) Words of encouragement can be very helpful in directing both young and old toward spiritual goals. At one large branch office of the Watch Tower Society, an informal survey revealed that circuit overseers had encouraged nearly 20 percent of the volunteers to take up full-time service. By her fine example as a full-time Kingdom proclaimer, the traveling overseer’s wife also proves to be a great source of encouragement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit