For those with family members who are shunning you could try them with this

by reniaa 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

When you go back are you going to be an HONEST person? Or will you hold back your real thoughts. You know that if you are honest about disagreeing with the shunning policy, and other differences you may have, then you should be disfellowshiped for apostasy. Or will you just lie to them and tell them what they want to hear? What kind of person will you really be?

• Mary
    Mary
    When are going back to the cult reniaa?

I'm pretty sure she's already back in. If she thinks that she can somehow change the DFing doctrine "on the inside", well.....I wouldn't want to hang from the end of a rope waiting for that to happen. Reniaa has basically shown her true colours from the minute she started posting here: She ignores logical explanations that prove the WTS's doctrines are BS. She feels like a failure and blames all her problems on leaving the Organization in the first place (which is exactly how they want you to feel). She obviously wants someone controlling her life, telling her how to live, what to think, how to dress and everything else that goes hand in hand with this cult. Meh.....her choice.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was said to me, "I don't want to get close to your worldly family. I don't want to love them, or even like them. I don't want to care about someone who is dead meat."

It was also said to me, "I can't go through life knowing the person sleeping next to me will die at armageddon."

The true JW believer is convinced that caring about anyone who is not a JW will only result in emotional pain when the object of their affection is destroyed at armageddon. They make a conscious decision to begin distancing themselves in a deliberate attempt to cool off their affection. To them, it's only natural, as they want to minimize the pain of losing loved ones at armageddon. Instead, everyone suffers the pain when there's really no cause for it.

Even if the WTS stopped their disfellowshipping policy tomorrow, I still believe many individual JWs would withdraw their affection from non believers.

W

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    "I have no idea when I will go back its not an easy thing for me to do because of circumstances beyond my control but if I do go back this is one rule i'll be trying to change from within." ----
    You do realize that you're just a woman?

That thought hit me too. A woman make changes in the bOrg? Surely you jest.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Even if the WTS stopped their disfellowshipping policy tomorrow, I still believe many individual JWs would withdraw their affection from non believers.

I agree. That kind of hatred goes pretty deep.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    You see guys I recently realised I will always be a Jehovah's witness whether I am one or not because my heart belongs to jehovah it always has, it always will, you have shown me that on this forum

Oh great, you guys! Another one slips through our fingers! Damn!

However, this one will be working for change from within..............that should work out well..................'cause we know how much the WTS likes having uppity wimmen telling them what to do...........! Oh yeah.....they be takin' notes 'n shit, ya-yus, uh huh........tell it, sistah.....................

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, right lol

• Gopher
    Gopher

Reniaa,

Regard your desire to try to reform the WTS from within -- as regards its inhuman shunning procedures, please consider this verse:

"What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted." (Ecclesiates 1:15)

This policy is a strong part of their system of instilling fear into members. Also it prevents former members from bringing different ideas into the organization.

If you go back and try to help bring about a change, they may view you as a troublemaker with apostate leanings. I know you aren't, but that's how they'd likely start to see you.

• Honesty
    Honesty

thankyou for your replies people, :)

I have no idea when I will go back its not an easy thing for me to do because of circumstances beyond my control but if I do go back this is one rule i'll be trying to change from within,

You were installed with the wrong plumbing when you were concieved for trying to change the black hearts of the men who are in charge of the Watchtower Society.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Grab the April 2002 KM. "Family" who no longer live in the family home are no longer "Family". That has already been addressed "lovingly" by the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit