Lost a Good Friend in Death this Weekend- He Worked Part Time For Me

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TIRED of the HYPOCRISY- Thanks for the comfort friend. Alot of people have had it hard in this life- my friend did too, hopefully he is out of pain now.

SOONER7C- Thanks bud. Appreciate the comments and love. I hope he is safe and resting now !

DAWG- I hear ya bro ! THanks for the love. My friend is now resting now.

DINAH- Thanks sis for the love ! I appreciate it ! I do wish my friend would have taken better care of himself- but he did do good for others while he exsisted on this planet. That's what I try to remember about him. His caring

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Dearest Flipper,

It is so hard to lose someone we love. I think it is important to just

show our love every day, as your friend did, because none of us know

how long we have here on earth. We never expect to lose loved ones

even though we know that it is inevitable at some time. I really know

how you are hurting. I am so sorry that you lost your friend, but he will always

be with you in your memory. He will live on and his good works will also.

I know that his brother will remember how much he was loved.

May you have peace in your sorrow.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• flipper
    flipper

ELIVELETH- Thanks for your loving thoughts sis . I feel it is true- none of us know when we will go, or our time on this earth is through . But it is nice that Jim knew I cared, and that other people cared for him. And I only have good memories of him. Thanks, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Flipper thank you for mentioning your friend so we can reflect on his loss and feel the sorrow for a moment or longer even if we don't know him its so sad.

Its is so sad to lose a friend and to lose a life especially someone that young. In the past week in my small town, 3 people I know and have seen most everyday since I moved here passed away.

Our local Marina shop owner, died of a massive heartattack suddenly with no warning and the funeral was last thursday He was 57

Our local pharmacist died of a massive heartattack suddenly 2 weeks ago today, no warning, He was 68 and drank and smoked heavy

A fellow my husband worked with at Home Hardware here in town died on Sunday of Throat cancer. He was 45 years old and only just got the cancer in March. We were just visiting him in the hospital on Friday. We were at the visitation today. Its just so sad and scarey.

Velvet

• White Dove
    White Dove

Flipper,

That's awful! I'm so very sorry! Good friends are extremely hard to find.

• Mary
    Mary
    He had a 2 and a half pack of cigarette smoking habit, and drank a case of coca cola every day - so he didn't have the best of health habits. He had been diagnosed with high blood pressure- 260 over 160 - and recently a month ago put on blood pressure medicine. He worked 80 hours a week on his brothers behalf- as his brother's wife had died 2 years before I feel not only sad , but I'm feeling anger over the fact Jim had to work SO HARD just to survive - and without medical insurance just kind of fell through the cracks in our society.

Good lord.......that's really sad Mr. Flipper .......So, if you don't have any medical insurance in the States, you're not entitled to any kind of medical help? Nothing?

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the comments- been working a lot all night last night so I'll reply.

MARY- Well, in America yes it is true if you don't have medical insurance you are pretty much devastated financially if you have serious medical conditions come up. True - there are state funded assistance programs like medi-cal here in California a person can apply for ; or if you are elderly you can get medi-care - however the hoops a person has to jump through to get this assistance can take weeks if not a month or two to wade through the red tape of approval by the bureaucracy as they want to know every detail about your life to qualify - your income, your expenses, what shade of toilet paper you use ( not that bad- but you get the point ) . And by that time the person mght have died from the illness they got. So it really is a challenge here in the states. Wish we had socialized medicine like you folks. Thanks for the kindness.

MIND MY OWN- Thanks for the caring words friend . It's truly appreciated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit