Lost a Good Friend in Death this Weekend- He Worked Part Time For Me

by flipper 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Sorry Flipper....It just seems shite happens.

A week ago a young man here in our little town committed suicide. He was a nice kid that everyone liked. His funeral was at the Fairgrounds stadium. It has been the saddest thing to deal with mentally.

It just hurts so much when someone close to you dies without much warning. I have employees and some of them are closer to me than some of my close relatives. After you see them everyday for years they become close to you in many ways. You feel their struggles. You know all of the challenges they face and they still give over a hundred percent doing thier jobs.

I am just sorry.

• yknot
    yknot

I am so sorry

• flipper
    flipper

EXWITLESS- It is crazy how hard some people have to work just to earn a dollar. Then you have the fat cat rich people not budging a finger and making millions. I feel for the disadvantaged ones. I think my friend did work himself to death.

CARLA- I agree- I hope someone can assist his disadvantaged brother. They didn't have much if any family left.

SATANUS- I think this man definitely was a saint- even in modern times.

HUBERT- I hope he does rest in peace now. I wish he would have cut back his nicotine and caffeine habits. But he was a great guy- very caring, yes.

NO MORE KOOL AID- I agree with you it's so important to give a little kindness to people like Jim who have worked so hard- yet see little for their efforts. That's incredible your story of the woman working $8.00 per hour 10 hours a day cleaning toilets trying to provide for her stroke victim husband. It does make me really wonder about life sometimes.

CHANGELING- Thanks my sis. I appreciate the kindness.

RESTRANGLED- Thanks for you and your husband's kindness.

WATSON- Thanks for understanding my frustration at feeling so helpless to help this man. I rack my brain trying to think of what I could have said or done to prevent it- nothing comes to mind. Thanks for your kind words.

CASPER- Thanks sis. My friend was a wonderful caring man

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Flip, the wife of one of my dad's best friends died last sunday night. She was 76 and yet it seems so sudden for her. Anyone alive and vital seems immortal to us. Sorry for your loss, now the cracks will open to his brother because the jerks will have no choice but to look out for him. As you know your friend was on a slow boil to this end. Likely it started in his teens. No comfort in knowledge like this I know. Just know that I agree with you about the randomness of life. Just keep lovin those you have. W.Once

• nelly136
    nelly136

sorry for your loss flipper, its sad when people have to die just to get a rest.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Sorry to hear that Mr Flipper...it's very sad....and it does make us all wonder sometime...take care...sammieswife.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sad news. My second husband (JW), his brother David died from a massive heart attack just after midnight on Sunday August 11th. He was 57. Then this week their nephew, who was 33 died suddenly at the dialysis center. They also lost an uncle. All of these were JWs. Deaths really do come in threes.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Aw, Hon, I'm very sorry to hear this. Very sorry indeed. He was working so hard to take care of his brother, but not working to take care of himself. I think a lot of good folks could take a lesson from that.

(Rest in Light and Joy, Jim.)

Love,
    Baba.

• caliber
    caliber

Flipper ~ sorry to hear such news good buddy...it is indeed cause for reflection on our own life !

Caliber

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

So sorry. Wow.

That BP was terribly elevated. Life is not fair for so many, is it?

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit