Has Anybody Here Converted to Judaism?

by Robdar 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robdar
    Robdar

FHN:

I saw some programs about Judaism and their thoughts on healing, etc. I was impressed. I am a Universalist, so I can enjoy the best thoughts almost any religion, including Judaism.

There is so much more to Judaism than people realize. So many are not aware of the Jewish beliefs regarding breath and its power. Meditation and healing fit in nicely with Judaism.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Most of my friends are jewish and I am delighted at the kindnes and decency of jews as individuals. They are wonderful people and most jewish views on the Bible seem very logical. SAd to say though, as a nation, according to Christianity, God does not give his holy spirit to judaism and God does not use jews anymore as a religion. I am convinced that JC was the MESSIAH. I also am convinced that JC was ressurected from the dead and is in heaven with God. That is why, I cannot convert to Judaism. I am however a student of Jewish thought and Jewish commentator and I am respected by religious jews.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Fisherman:

SAd to say though, as a nation, according to Christianity, God does not give his holy spirit to judaism

When you attend a Shabbat service it becomes evident that God DOES give his holy spirit to Judaism. Same as he gives it to all others who seek him.

And, btw, the Covenant stands forever. Christianity does not change that fact.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"Where is the "GET" of the mother of you people that I sent away" God likens the law covenant to a mariage contract and therefore it is not foreever but it is contingent on the terms of the covenant. There is no evidence that God uses the jews any longer as a nation. Jews as a nation must rely on horses and power and not on the great shomer of Israel for salvation from their enemies. However, as I previously stated the kindest and most ethical people are individual jews. In all fairness, there should be evidence of a people that God is now using. The proof is ruah hakodesh. The only proof.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

"Where is the "GET" of the mother of you people that I sent away" God likens the law covenant to a marriage contract and therefore it is not forever but it is contingent on the terms of the bris. There is no evidence that God uses the jews any longer as a nation. Jews as a nation must rely on horses and power and not on the great shomer of Israel for salvation from their enemies. However, as I previously stated the kindest and most ethical people are individual jews. In all fairness, there should be evidence of a people that God is now using. The proof is ruah hakodesh. The only proof.In my opinion, today's xtianity has nothing to offer. I am convinced that the jesus of the NT is the Messiah. I have personal conclusions about true religion are God's people today. I am convinced it is not Judaism, yet I love and respect jews.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

my ex father in law did. He married a secular Jewish woman...she got to feeling a void in midlife...and he needed a Higher power per AA. Last I heard they were both doing well in a Reformed Temple near NYC.

My son has gone through the "isms" a lot of young guys go through. He told me the other day he is doing the Catholic conversion thing. He is a philosophy major...after reading some of the Catholic scholars it occured to him it was as much work NOT beliefing and it it to believe...I think it's just the "Irish" gene coming out.

I am not a joiner by nature... but I'd probably go back to the Catholic faith if I ever "converted".

Jeff

• abbagail
    abbagail

Has Anybody Here Converted to Judaism?

-----------------------

Never have personally, and don't know anyone who has, but did work for a Jewish boss for 12 years and his Momma ;-) . They were definitely unique, not shy whatsoever, lol. When she learned to drive at 71, and got her learner's permit, I got to ride around w/her while on the timeclock, which was fine w/me... it sure beat being chained to the desk at the office pounding out the TONS of "Sonny's" legalese dictaphone typing. They went to a Reformed synagogue.

After I "woke up" from the WT deception, I was initially attracted to the idea of Messianic Congregations (Jewish-Christian), I figured it must be from the fact WT was heavy on the OT scriptures vs. the NT, so it just seemed like I might like more of a "Jewish" flavor; and especially because the "Hebrew Roots Movement"" is a BIG THING in Christianity today. Also, it was a Messianic website -- don't remember which one now-- but it was THEIR description of the Trinity in their Statement of Faith section, and their using the Hebrew root words with explanations, that totally "made the scales drop off my eyes" re: the Trinity and I immediately "got it" after all those years! I was ecstatic about that!

So I seriously mulled it over for some time, but the nearest Messianic Cong was so far away, besides the fact I hardly ever go out anyway (chronic illness). And I'm glad I waited as in due time I kept advancing in understanding what Christianity REALLY is (total Grace gospel) and I am very happy with that now. Finally I totally totally "get it"!

I still like all the Messianic guys, though, I watch them on TV (Kirt Schneider has a program ["Discovering The Jewish Jesus" http://www.discoveringthejewishjesus.com/index.htm ], Jonathan Bernis has one as well ["Jewish Voice of Victory"], Zola Levitt's program, and Sid Roth's program, but Sid's way out there with all the "signs and wonders" stuff which is a bit much for me).

------------------------

Kirt Schneider was the first Jewish guy I ever heard who talks as fast as my former boss, lol, and has an amazing testimony I heard him give on Sid's show [CD: "Messianic Prophesy and Rabbi Kirt Schneider's Testimony" at Kirt's website]. His Jewish family had Kirt committed to the loony bin for a short while after he claimed belief in Jesus/Yeshua after seeing Jesus in a dream or a vision, so his family brought over the deprogrammer rabbi who 'set him up' by drawing him out, so when Kirt told the rabbi of the "vision," they claimed Kirt was "hallucinating" and "delusional" and had him committed, etc. He's a fun/funny guy, I like him. He's up in Ohio or I would just might go visit his Messianic Congregation to say Hi. He mentioned on one of his CDs the story of his having helped an exJW guy who was attending Kirt's congregation. He helped the exJW guy be able to take communion because the JW man had a real hang-up about it, he wanted to take communion, but felt like something was holding him back, etc. I could relate to that "holding back" feeling about communion... surely a deep-seated WT hangup or something.

----------------------------

A few years ago I got a copy of Sid Roth's book planning to send it to my former boss (now lives in another state), but ended up reading the whole thing myself. Title was "They Thought for Themselves." Fascinating testimonies, but these were all Jews converting to Christ rather than the other way around. But the one story that was the most fascinating to me was the lady named Sharon who was Jewish and her Gentile hubbie, who they always planned for him to covert to Judaism. So eventually he started the lessons and maybe he didn't realize it, but when it got to the point where he had to renounce Jesus Christ as Lord, he refused to do it. The wife wrote in her testimony that she was absolutely LIVID, because to her, it seemed to "come out of the blue" and she couldn't understand what his problem was since he wasn't really a Christian in the first place, never read the NT, never talked about Jesus, hadn't been to church since he was a kid, etc., and he and she both were totally immersed in their Jewish community, etc.

She wrote that she was SO UPSET about it (it was messing up her idea of what their life was supposed to be like) that she was headstrong determined to prove him wrong -- so she set out to read and study every word in her Jewish Bible -- something she had never done -- to SHOW HIM that he was wrong about Jesus, etc.

It was a great story that really pulled you in to her situation because she went thru **H** over the next year or two (can't remember how long, it's been probably 2 years since I read the book) with her studies and learning things in the Bible that even she had not known, and bumping heads with her rabbis and deprogrammers, and all sorts of drama that just really made you feel every step of her journey. I wish her story was online as I'd like to read it again. I did eventually send the book to my former boss. Of course I've never heard a word from him about it, lol.

---------------------

Here's a webpage that has a very brief rundown of the contents of that book:
    http://www.sandrasheskinbrotman.com/they_thought.htm

[...]
    Active in Chabad movement, Sharon’s Gentile husband shocked her when he refused to renounce Jesus (he wasn’t even born again) and convert to Orthodoxy. To prove him wrong, Sharon searched the Scriptures, Jewish commentaries, turned to her Rabbi and expert deprogrammers to help her prove Yeshua was false...
    [...]

Also at Sid Roth's site: http://www.sidroth.org/site/PageServer?pagename=art_theythought
    Actually he has the whole book online - Hot dog! I got to read it again... FYI, here is chapter 5, Sharon's story, the one I liked the most, FWIW... http://www.sidroth.org/site/News2?JServSessionIdr012=x1yaikajj4.app6a&abbr=art_&page=NewsArticle&id=5489&news_iv_ctrl=1055

Ha, I forgot some of the story and how it ended.

Also she explains about the conversion process for her hubbie:
    [...]
    The third ceremony, though not always done in Reformed or Conservative conversions, must always accompany an Orthodox or “kosher” conversion and that is the renouncing of a person’s prior beliefs before a Beit Din or rabbinical court (council of rabbis).
    [...]

This lady was totally Chabad and kosher so that's the route the husband was SUPPOSED to take, until...

/ag

little cliff hanger there, lol.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Researched the principles of Kabbalah.

• aniron
    aniron

I follow the the teachings of a Jew.

His name is Jesus Christ

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

I considered judaism after mentally leaving JWs.

Buber and Levinas in particular broadened my religious understanding.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit