Has Anybody Here Converted to Judaism?

by Robdar 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My boss converted to Judaism so he could marry his Jewish wife. He gets extra holidays from work because of this, the bugger!

I couldn't convert to Judaism. I'm too fond of my BBQ ribs.

W

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, I converted to Judaism in 2001- I belong to a Reconstructionist Temple. My wife's family is mostly Conservative. I'm not into the black hat Jewish lifestyle. - PM me if you have any questions.

shalom,

moshe

• bavman
    bavman

Hi Robdar. So happy you are finding a spiritual path. I am still searching for mine (I think I may just have too much interest in all of them to narrow it down...lol). I can certainly understand your enjoyment with Judaism. Especially, conservative or liberal Judaism.

I have come to be friends with several Jewish families here in the past few years and have been VERY impressed with them and their way of life. It is a far cry from what I was told about them as a dub. They are very intelligent, open, loving people who live a very rich life. Again, I am happy for you!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can understand why people would be tempted into judaism. Jews are very clever and generally succeed at what they do. However, seeing what judaism has generated: christianity, islam, communism, middle eastern conflicts, i don't think that conversion to it is really a progressive step. It's more a seduction than a conversion.

S

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Jews are very clever

Antisemitism sneaking into the discourse?

i don't think that conversion to it is really a progressive step. It's more a seduction than a conversion.

Says you, and taking potshots at other people's life choices is hardly progressive either. It does not help that your comment is filled with ugly lies either. (Judaism generated Communism? WTF?)

BTS

• Rohag
    Rohag

Kol tuv l'kha u'v'hatzlachah, chaver! All the best to you and success, friend!

Hey, now when certain people come knocking at your door, you can say, "I belong to the original JWs."

• Robdar
    Robdar

BTS:

Judaism IS wonderful. Me, I love it. I have Jewish family and have Jewish heritage. My best friends in real life are Reformed Jews. However, I am a big fan of the SuperJew, Yeshua. So I am going into Catholicism instead. Otherwise, I would convert to Judaism.

I'm a fan of Jesus too. He was a wise rabbi and taught the teachings of Torah. I do not think that he intended for his sect of Judaism to go as far as it has, but there you go. While attending synagogue, I've noticed many similarities of Judaism to the Catholic and Greek Orthodox ceremonies. I can definitely tell there is a connection.

I would love to hear more about your conversion to Catholicism.

• Robdar
    Robdar

OP:

Jewish Mysticism > Jewish (standard?!)

I have recently studied some of the Kabballah basics.

Kabballah is very interesting. We are discussing it in the conversion classes. Did you study alone or do you have a teacher?

• Robdar
    Robdar

FF:

I couldn't convert to Judaism. I'm too fond of my BBQ ribs.

And I am fond of cheeseburgers which are not kosher. The nice thing about it is that liberal Jews do not have to follow kosher diet. I 'm gonna try it but it's nice to know I will not be disfellowshipped if I fall short.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bavman:

Hi Robdar. So happy you are finding a spiritual path. I am still searching for mine (I think I may just have too much interest in all of them to narrow it down...lol). I can certainly understand your enjoyment with Judaism. Especially, conservative or liberal Judaism.

I have come to be friends with several Jewish families here in the past few years and have been VERY impressed with them and their way of life. It is a far cry from what I was told about them as a dub. They are very intelligent, open, loving people who live a very rich life. Again, I am happy for you!

Thank you very much, Bavman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit