I'm worried about dating "worldly" women at 36 this is hard!!!

by Witness 007 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I started dating at forty, after twenty years of abstinence. I'm trying to work up some sympathy here, but it's not working.

I never did catch on to the whole dating gig. I'm in to art, reading, and gardening. Don't find a lot of guys hanging about there. I used a dating service.

• dinah
    dinah

And whatever you do, don't fall in love immediately and get married again. Just a friendly piece of advice, for anyone who finds themselves newly single.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

My divorce was in 1990. Have dated a few guys. Had marriage proposals (which I thought were premature). I think there will be some great times ahead of you. If you like somebody ask them for coffee. That's pretty safe. Proceed from there. Many people at work used E Harmony and ended up married (except the one gal who's husband had a history of abuse that she didn't find out until he beat her up with a hammer. She's okay now and hunting for another....I think that would have done me in on dating.) As jaded as I am I would hire a dective to check someone's background and credit if I started to get very interested.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Did you ever read Seven006's "consulting trip to Bethel" series of threads?

Here's the part that your predicament reminds me of:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/58651/1.ashx

• Dagney
    Dagney

(lol LDH...good one.)

• berylblue
    berylblue

don't worry - just enjoy it and be yourself and don't be surprised if SHE comes on to YOU right away! I never wasted much time myself -

• White Dove
    White Dove

I have no clue how to date. I would rather just treat it like a coffee with a new friend. Hmmm...good idea

• White Dove
    White Dove

You've got me thinking of dating again and it's been way too long.

I'd like to start dating women, particularly lesbian mothers with children.

That way I'd have mother things to talk about with someone who knows.

TMI? Too bad. I'm finding me

• garybuss
    garybuss

If I treat the old dog as good as I have to treat the new dog, I wouldn't have any problems with the old dog and not be needing a new dog.

arf

• yknot
    yknot
    If I treat the old dog as good as I have to treat the new dog, I wouldn't have any problems with the old dog and not be needing a new dog.

Gary.... Leaving wasn't his idea, it was hers..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit