The Loyalty Question

by choosing life 37 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Benny

Two Elders met with me because they were concerned about the fact that I had entirely (and abruptly) ceased meeting attendance. Using WTS literature, I had just discussed with them a number of discrepancies [read: "lies"] in the Society's historical claims. I asked how these things could be so -- how the Society could publish such things...

They asked: "But you still believe that the WatchTower Society is God's Organisation, right?"

I answered: "I can not unequivocally state that it is. That is the significance of my concerns regarding the Society's claims. It devolves on you Brothers to provide me with a reasonable answer."

They have not announced me as DF'd/DA'd. They also have not given an answer (reasonable or otherwise).

You gave an agnostic answer....the Eldumbs are deliberating and will be approaching you again in the future.

In the JW world it is either yes or no....maybe doesn't exist......however it is proof you are 'spiritually sick'.

If you don't wanna get DFd...... your gonna need to claim some personal grief in these 'end times'.

They will probably suggest a study of What does the Bible Really Teach, and Kiss Teds Tookis book,l with a mature and strong JW.

BUT>>>> if they don't return by the next CO visit (or during).... they are apostate elders and have left you an open gate to become 'inactive'.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

What is the history of this loyalty test? When did it first come into use? Was it ever put into writing that this question (or similar wording) should be used to interrogate suspected apostates?

Who can shed light on this?

• Listener
    Listener
    Great question WiFi bandit. I don't remember the issue being made so clear in the flock book and it appears to be a stock standard question from elders.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

It was a long time ago, but as I remember it, they asked me something along those lines and if I believed it was the truth. I think I said I don't know, which was true at the time. All I knew at that moment was I wanted nothing to do with jws ever again, even if it meant I'd be a lightning rod at Armageddon, I wanted nothing to do with those horrible people.

As far as I know, I was never DAd or DFd. There was some discussion, I think, that if I ever decided to associate with dubs in the future, action could be taken if I was not following the dub rules.

I am not positive what my status is. I know I'm partially shunned--unfortunately, some have tried to speak to me over the years. ;) And I've been told that I'm possessed by demons.

Of all infractions leading to DFing, you'd think being possessed by demons would be one of them. Weird.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have never been asked the loyalty test by any active JW's. It most likely won't ever happen because I won't meet with two elders ever. Heck, I don't see a reason to meet with one elder.

If they tried to pull some shenanigans and trick me, I think I am ready. I like the answer, "That's what the elders ask someone when they are trying to disfellowship them." I have always been ready with "I am not here to answer questions about myself."

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

"Do you believe that Jehovah is using the faithful and discreet slave class to accomplish his work?"

Ask him if he means are you loyal to the current "slave" or the ones from the past who had completely different understandings of key doctrines such as Blood Fractions. After all , it could be the difference of life or death in an emergency.

• Zoos
    Zoos
    sir82
    "I thought the judge of who is really anointed is between the person and Jehovah alone - I can't judge who is anointed & who isn't"

My thoughts exactly.

The governing body has stated:

"We thus have no way of knowing the exact number of anointed ones on earth; nor do we need to know. The Governing Body does not keep a list of all partakers, for it does not maintain a global network of anointed ones." - Question From Readers, w2011 8/15 p. 22

If identifying anointed ones is a burden the governing body is unwilling to carry, why then would they heap such a heavy load on us?

In the same QFR reference, the governing body also stated:

A number of factors - including past religious beliefs or even mental or emotional imbalance - might cause some to assume mistakenly that they have the heavenly calling.

"Given that I have never met any of the members of the governing body I would prefer not to comment on their spiritual qualifications, as I am unqualified to make any diagnosis."

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I received this " loyalty question " when an elder telephoned. I replyed why do you ask? I assume you have another elder listening to establish the two witness rule, in response to my answer?

I don't remember the elders reply, but by having educated myself to anticipate this question, my answer caught him unawares. That telephone call I am pleased to say, has been my last contact with the elders.

The Rebel.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    The question is directly from the ks 10
  • nugget
    nugget
    I was asked and my husband was asked. On the basis of the answer we gave we were df'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit