The Loyalty Question

by choosing life 37 Replies latest jw friends

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Now im questioning myself. Im flipping through the ks10 and i cant find it but i know i have read it somewhere before.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Douglas Walsh Trial: Wt.55 6/1 pg. 329. This is on the Wt. Library. The result of this trial was favorable to the society. You can still search the document online, as a PDF.
    This is the actual court transcript of the 7 day trial word for word. Wow!
    Pg. 4 Do you have to believe what is in the Wt.?
    Pg. 15 to 25
    Pg. 38
    Pg. 100-105 This is related to date 1874
    Pg. 106-138 About Rutherford. 1925, Judge,
    Pg. 340-350 Covington, believe error"?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It really doesn't matter how you answer. If the biggest bully on the boe wants to hurt you, he will..........and apparently with god's blessing.
  • blondie
    blondie
    We had 2 elders show up 8 years after we stopped attending, unannounced. Finally the younger one got hot because we would not invite them in and said "You don't believe the organization is the only one approved by God." Now we had said nothing then to anyone what our views were so my husband replied, "You said that, not us." I guess the elder screwed himself by not wording that as a question but rather as a statement. No announcement that we are "no longer one of Jehovah's witnesses" and plenty of jws greet us still.
  • blondie
    blondie

wifi,

What is the history of this loyalty test? When did it first come into use? Was it ever put into writing that this question (or similar wording) should be used to interrogate suspected apostates?

Who can shed light on this?

Just a guess since I gave no one cause to ask me personally or had anyone say they had been: 1980/1981 I call the Great Apostasy, gossip from Bethelites I knew said there was a big shakeup at Bethel and some big names had been tossed out, rewriting the publications, secret study groups, etc. That's when Ray and Cynthia we asked to leave, Ed Dunlap and his wife, the Kuilians (see Ray's book). Ray was not kicked out until some years later based on his association with a da'd jw (Cynthia associated with this person and was not da'd!). I'm sure that is very likely this loyalty test started then.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Surely the Loyalty Question is no longer valid after Jackson's testimony in Oz ?

You only have to reply "I go along with what governing Body member Jackson said, it would be presumptuous to say so "

• Island Man
    Island Man

"If you want to ask if I wish to disassociate, then why not come out and ask me plainly? Why do you instead hide behind trick questions like the pharisees did when they wanted to trap Jesus in his speech? Wasn't there a part on this years convention program that said imitate Jesus and not the pharisees? But to answer your question: If I wanted to disassociate myself I would say 'no, I don't believe the governing body is the faithful and discreet slave being used by Jehovah.' But because I do not wish to disassociate myself, my answer to you is 'yes, I do believe that they are'."

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ Island Man

wow - great answer - perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit