Ironic Number 4 Talk Next Week

by stillajwexelder 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Open mind
    Open mind

Possible manuscript for part of Stilla's talk.

"Brothers, have you ever had to face the accusation in the Field Ministry that JWs are False Prophets?

I have.

And I must admit that the first time it happened, it was very uncomfortable for me. Why? Because I wasn't properly prepared.

Here's how it went:

Householder: You JWs have made all kinds of prophecies that have never come true. (List as many as you feel like here.) How can you say that your church leaders are not False Prophets?

Stilla: Uhhh. Well, I'm not sure but I know there's a good explanation for it. I'll have to research it and get back to you.

1 week passes and Stilla returns.

Householder: Ah, you again. You know, I've been thinking about the whole False Prophecy issue and I came up with something else you should think about.

Stilla: Uhh, OK.

Householder: Here's a situation,

1. A leader (or leaders) of a RELIGION makes an official statement of prediction.

2. They put this prediction in writing in the official mouthpiece journal of that RELIGION.

3. Their prediction involves GOD.

4. It says that GOD is going to do "X" and that he will do it in "Y" year. (Or no later than "Y" year)

Now, tell me, what SINGLE word would most people use to describe that activity?

Stilla: Well, I can see where you're going with this, but there's something very important that you're not considering. I found it in my research. Here it is:

Jehovah's Witnesses don't CLAIM to be prophets.

So since they don't CLAIM to be prophets, then they can't very well be a FALSE prophet, now can they?

(Delivered with a air of smug, dismissive, authority.)

And that's really all we need to remember brothers and sisters. The Watchtower doesn't CLAIM to be a prophet.

Those with any thinking ability left will ask themselves, hmmm.

Bill Clinton CLAIMED that he didn't have "sexual relations" with that woman. Does the fact that the majority of the US population thinks what they did actually was "sex" carry any weight?

Prophets IS as prophets DOES.

So says Forest. Forest Gump.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

om

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

R/S p 137

If

SomeoneSays—

""‘My

ministersaidthatJehovah’sWitnessesarethefalseprophets’

You

mightreply: ‘May I ask, Did he show you anything in the Bible that describes what we believe or do and that says people of that sort would be false prophets? . . . May I show you how the Bible describes false prophets? (Then use one or more of the points outlined on pages 132-136.)’

Or

youcouldsay: ‘I’m sure you’ll agree that specific evidence should back up such a serious charge. Did your minister mention any specific examples? (If householder refers to some claimed "predictions" that did not come to pass, use material on page 134, and from the bottom of page 135 to the top of 137.)’

Another

possibility: ‘I’m sure that if someone accused you of something similar, you would welcome the opportunity at least to explain your position or point of view, wouldn’t you? . . . So may I show you from the Bible . . . ?’"""

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

It is all in the delivery, and pausing and facial expression :

It was foretold that Gods people would be persecuted and there will always be detractors to the message. That being said, the WTS has made predictions of what would happen at a certain time, some of our teachings have been altered over the years and so those looking on may say that we have failed to deliver a consistent unchanging message. A charge of being a false prophet has to be countered.

We may use the "Reasoning book " to great effect in our Ministry. We might quote from p136 "JW do not claim to be inspired prophets,They have made mistakes,had some wrong expectations ......(par 3) Matters that have had correction of viewpoint have been relatively minor"....For example

[Now really go to town with a Long list including the ones they have not heard of] eg Christ invisible return in 1874, The identity of the F & D Slave , originally C T Russell, The 1925 date Beth Sarim etc etc . And the generation of Matt 24 in all its flip flops

[Then with a straight face and heavy sarcasm say} We can see how minor these adjustments have been and the Householder will have to agree ...???

Hopefully somebody will get the point, and the School Overseer can't say you were wrong

• VM44
    VM44

The Reasoning book has many pages full of "smooth words" that really don't answer the question(s) posed.

• VM44
    VM44
    We might quote from p136 "JW do not claim to be inspired prophets

But The Watchtower DOES claim to be "Spirit Directed"!

So what is the difference?

• VM44
    VM44
    Hopefully somebody will get the point, and the School Overseer can't say you were wrong

Yes, but you will be asked to stay after the meeting for a conference in the back room!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    The Reasoning book has many pages full of "smooth words" that really don't answer the question(s) posed.

That is so very true. There's no way Stilla will be able to get through this talk without some nonsensical circular reasoning.

[False Prophets? How dare they! Don't they know we represent the Most High God Jehovah? Jehovah is a never-ending source of New Light.]

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

You may have been assigned this talk because someone may suspect that you're not swallowing the koolaid lately. They may watch you closely during this talk.... so be carefull if you're not ready to out yourself.

Coffee

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Hmm, I gotta ask Stilla, are you staying in for family reasons or that you believe you truly are helping people by staying? Because IMHO you'd help alot more people by getting up there and saying, I can't give this talk, truth is, the FDS are false prophets, and have been for a long time. 1914, etc., etc. Then walk off the stage with your head held high. The talk and gossip it would spread would possibly help more to think for themselves and question than staying "behind enemy lines".

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hmm, I gotta ask Stilla, are you staying in for family reasons

YES, YES, YES

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I assume you wish to remain in good standing. As such, I would suggest sticking as closely with the Bible itself as possible, and integrating as many scriptures not supplied by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger as possible. Try to stick with making predictions that do not come true, and cite scriptures to back them up.

Of course, if you are trying to get a point across and do not care about remaining in good standing, you could mention 1975. Any actual publication from the 1974 era will back you up. Use those, and then compare 1976's re-issues. Use that as an example of a false prophesy, and how the Bible strongly condemns it. Of course, if you do that, you are almost certain to get disfellowshipped in short order.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit