Ironic Number 4 Talk Next Week

by stillajwexelder 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'd love to see you post your talk on here. Not just an outline, word for word. You might want to do it beforehand for tweaking and suggestions.

StAnn

• minimus
    minimus

Just don't give it. It might make you feel better.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

LOL @ lawrence!!!

Maybe you could take a pocket recorder up with you and post your talk online for us all to enjoy? So many good ideas...

• TheListener
    TheListener

Uh-oh. A letter to all bodies of elders just left Brooklyn which asks all elders to submit the names of next week's number 4 speakers.

I would do the opposite of exposing.

Come off as really dogmatic and gung-ho.

There are times when a speaker was overly zealous that it turned me and others right off.

We couldn't disagree with what was said but we would always discuss how nutty the super righteous brother sounded.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Stilla, the very last (and the very hardest) talk I ever gave in a Kingdom Hall was the Memorial Service for 1979 in Yukon, Oklahoma.

I did not know what to do...I could not in good conscience just spew the WTS garbage...I knew far better than the 144,000, the new covenant denial, the earth/vs/heaven - all of it.

On the other hand, I just did not feel right using their platform as my own platform to spread my own ideas. I could do that properly (and IMHO honestly) one on one as the occasion arose.

I simply threw away the Society Outline, hunted for all the NT verses that applied to the subject (they are surprisingly few and very simple), and simply read them out from the NWT.

After that, I said - "these are all the scriptures that actually mention the memorial in the New Testament". Then I reread one of the gospel accounts of the last supper; stopping on "he broke some bread" - and we passed the bread. Then, we read "taking a cup"...and we passed the cup.

I even left out the 10 minutes on what kind of unleavend bread the WTS thought it was, and what particular kind of Red Wine they thought it should be.

BTW - the wine I found for it was a California Cabernet - Sterling Vinyards 1975. A great red wine - and a great year for me!

That was my last speech on the platform, and the last meeting I ever conducted. I resigned as an elder a few months later...quit going to the meetings mostly, and finally went to a very weird Circuit Assembly where they were railing forth on Apostacy, and did my literal burnout from the witness world. (both the Corvette and the Mind did a burn out at that point - rear tires in the first case, the insanity in the second).

Maybe this is your Catharsis, too...

James

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

some really good ideas -thanks

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I sympathize with you on this Stilla, I am a ubm and have problems letting out what I know about the org.....what I hate about it is I would not have an issue with my wife belonging to a religion that had many of the beliefs of the JWs, if it were not for the shunning, the blood doctrine and the negative stances on other faiths and in essence other people.

Best of luck to you Stilla!

• VM44
    VM44

What Watchtower references is the talk to be based upon? I would like to see how those articles "answer" the question of is The Watchtower a false prophet.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

based on the Reasoning Book

• james_woods
    james_woods
    based on the Reasoning Book

Then by all means, I would highlight the value of Reasoning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit