Ironic Number 4 Talk Next Week

by stillajwexelder 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So next week I have the Talk " How should we respond to people who say we are false prophets?"

anyone have any suggestions?

• amama2six
    amama2six

Listen to them and get the heck out! The End. :D

Oh wait, that might not work for your situation...hehehe.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Talk about "Beth Serim!" ..Most JW`s know nothing about that era,in JW history!..You will have to pack your bag`s after that infusion of truth!..Good luck!!............... Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

throw in a "we're not false profits" Gag

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Actually, this is a great talk where you can present the Watchtower line, with no "apostate" speech and yet really educate and disturb people. You can include examples of failed Watchtower prophecies and then present the Watchtower excuse that they did not make a prophecy, just misinterpretted them, hence are not false prophets.

EG

The Bible is inspired by God, and it is the accuracy of prophecy that builds faith that the Bible is the word of God. Most outstanding are the prophecies of Daniel regarding the Messiah and also regarding the time of the end.

The serious nature of prophecy is shown from Deuteronomy, where to be a false prophet was punishable by death. Read Deut.

Some people have levelled accusations at Jehovah's Witnesses of being false prophets, pointing to some of the older incorrect predictions that were made. For instance, the Watchtower predicted that the end would come in 1914, and Jesus would start ruling earth in 1914. It also predicted the end for 1925, with the book Millions now Living will Never Die stating that Abraham Isaac and Jacob would be resurrected onto earth in 1925 .

Do these count as false prophecies? Well, not really. The prophecies were from the Bible and the prophecies were not false. It was just the interpretation that was wrong. So the Watchtower did not make a false prophecy, just an incorrect interpretation.

rs p. 136

1 Cor. 13:9, 10: "We have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially; but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with."

The apostles and other early Christian disciples had certain wrong expectations, but the Bible does not classify them with the "false prophets."—See Luke 19:11; John 21:22, 23; Acts 1:6, 7

Trueprophetsandthefalsecanberecognizedbythefruitagemanifestintheirlivesandthelivesofthosewhofollowthem Matt. 7:15-20: "Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits you will recognize them. . . . Every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit . . . Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men."

Only Jehovah's Witnesses show the loving fruits Jesus displayed. And with brighter light, we can now see with far greater accuracy the meaning of these Biblical prophecies and have utmost confidence in the current understanding from the Watchtower. We are now closer than ever to the fulfillment so need to press on with ever renewed urgency so as to be a part of the fulfillment of these wonderful Bible promises.

There is enough cognitive dissonance in that information that a third of the audience with be going "Hallelujah, we are the truth" a third scratching their head not know what just happened, and a third that will be at least subconsciously extremelly disturbed.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Oh, Oh, OH Mr. Kottah: I have an idea!

Ok, you could do the "The way I respond to charges of false prophecy such as : (Deliniate all the juiciest ones, and their basis, and all the significant things said. . .) is that (Use the WT explanation about how what is not ACTUALLY true is theocratically true, since it is the food we are given at the particular time. It is NOT false prophecy for as long as the WT/FDS teaches it.) You can totally use their words and lit. against them-from the prophecy to the incredibly lame justification for such. I especially like the part about why false teachings/predictions don't REALLY make THEM false prophets, since it was food at the proper time from Jehovah (You know, ignorance being all kinds of excuses-or something)And all your words will be from the WT literature. And how could you be called an apostate for defending the WT with it's OWN words.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

List every false prophecy the Witnesses were ever guilty of. Then in conclusion deny that it was false. The overwhelming evidence will be obvious to those who still have their brains turned on. But you will have covered your butt in the conclusion.

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Oh wow. You could do some damage with that!

Some good ideas there. Maybe you could highlight some of the similar interpretations of other religions (Millerites, Seventh Day Adventists), ask what the difference is, and then finish with a really weak excuse as to the why the organisation is different. Maybe it would help the congregation to see that the WTS isn't the only one spewing out flawed apocalyptical crap.

Do let us know how it goes.

• yknot
    yknot

Admittedly I always am staring at the clock and arranging my bookbag by the 4th talk.......

Usually this talk brings up Deut, but then say there is more references to false prophets that need to be discerned. They proceed to suggesting a more deeper examination of those passages to show we are not FPs.

LOL I just googled and found a the typical spin.... http://www.geocities.com/witness_of_jehovah/Not-False-Prophets.html

So I would combine the above suggestions and pro-WTS rant I linked.

If you do quote older books, check and see if you KH library stocks them. If the books are there, either reference their existance in the KH library or take it a step higher and have them as props to hold up as you talk. This way it makes you appear to have read them, meditate deeply on the subject mattter etc....but hopefully also peaked there curiousity about these older books too!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Present a few of the main false prophecies that apostates would bring up. Then, put up a very weak defence for the wt, or jsut make the statement denying it. Also, spend, say 90% of the time on the false prophecies and only 10% on explaining how they are not false prophets. My opinion.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit