Goodbye Fred...

by hillary_step 58 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hello,

Or should I say goodbye folks. My posting days on XJW sites are over.

Thanks to everybody for making this place so vibrant, informative and at times invigorating. An special thanks of course to Simon and Angharad, of whom too many expected too much and who, despite our differing viewpoints at times, have been trustworthy friends to me. I hope that life will be very kind to them both.

I have re-disovered some old friends here, "Duncan" whom I was at school with too long ago to admit too publicly. We both posted here on JWD for a long while before we realized who was whom, as he had no idea that I had left the WTS.

And newer friends, Stilla, whose JW mentor I pioneered with in the 70's. TJKMO who proudly boasted that the wife of a mutual close friend had a crush on him not realizing that she once had a crush on me too and it was not as rare an occurrence as he may have thought. ;) lol..Never did tell ya that did I tjkmo. Japan Boy who once sat in my group while I poisoned the minds of the believers. Funky Derek whose dad was not unkown to me.

The gifted AlanF, the Magnificent Andersons, my old chum Outlaw, the kind and gracious Ginny Tosken, the challenging and unique SevenofNine, Belbab and beautiful missus, the gentle Cog, Steve, Joyazabel and their beautiful daughter, - I had better stop now before the Oscar is driven into my skull with an alarming force by BurnTheShips.

You all know who you are and you have all played a wonderful part in my life, for which I thank you all.

It is always easier to say it with music. Those who know, know:

Siamese Friends

And one from my dearly departed friend Laura:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNd-oR39_9U

Bye folks.

HS

• Dagney
    Dagney

Say it ain't so.

I always enjoy your comments, and music.

Sweet Laura...always takes me back to another time....

Wishing you all the best.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

purps

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

C'mon, we're all having a blast over at http://www.jwsupportforum.com/index.php. Don't delude yourself with a false sense of closure. Life goes on, and our memories linger to teach new lessons. -dp

• mind my own
    mind my own

I always enjoyed reading your posts. Good luck to you friend!

MMO

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Good luck and best wishes in the balance of your life's journey.

Jeff

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Now that made me laugh out loud. Nice touch. You've got style.

HS, it's been a pleasure and an honour. I truly mean that. Enjoy your life as an ex-ex-JW. Enjoy the quiet and the sanity.

I was walking on God's good side

Put in a good word for me, willya?

See ya in the next life.

Take care,

Chris

• Angharad
    Angharad

Good luck HS, we will miss you!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

g'bye Hillary. It's been a pleasure. I'm not long for this world either, but perhaps we'll catch up 'round the bend ;)

• PEC
    PEC

You will be missed.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit