How do you feel now? EVOLUTION OR CREATION??

by chuckyy 81 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Over the timescales of billions of centuries, there is no way little beings like us can tell the difference.

Either way, nobody can deny that whether by chance or design, natural processes have produced the planets water land and chemistry that makes life possible.

Why do creationists always turn it into a question of believe us or be damned?

Maybe we really ARE the products of a universe trying to make sense of itself.

I am definitely sick to death of people whose "holy book" is just KILL KILL KILL (in whoevers name) and if the stone age death god the genocidal pychopath portrayed really exists, I am glad I shall be dead one day. Killed or otherwise.

I am now waiting.....

HB

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Due to a silly comment an elder made (something along the lines of Alistar McGrath totalling "debunking" Dawkins) I went off and read both "The God Delusion" and "The Dawkins Delusion". I certainly don't agree with everything Richard Dawkins says but he sure does make ya think!

I've also watched the entire "Dover Trial" reenactment and am trying to educate myself on the sciences and issues that I was blinkered to all my life. Evolution vs creation is not a religious choice to me. Evolution really did happen but whether (a) God was involved or not is the only part that there's a question mark over.

For anyone in the UK/Ireland, Dawkins has a new series on Channel 4 at the moment. Very interesting stuff.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

That blue book was once my favorite. Now I think that the theory of evolution explains how all these different lifeforms got here.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Like some have mention, why can it be both? I for one have no doubt on evolution but the beginning of everything I don't think anybody has that answer yet, but when we do figure it out it will take some time before everybody accepts it, some people still believe the earth is flat for god's sakes.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Evolution is as proven as anything can be; the "theory" of evolution is supported by more experimental evidence then the "theory" of gravity or the germ theory of disease. For anyone still on the fence, Nova did a fantastic two part episode called "Judgment Day" about the Dover trial that showcases some fantastic information about Evolution. You can bittorent it.

• Robert7
    Robert7
    I vote: 'none of the above'....

Exactly! Why does it have to be A) Creation or B) Evolution? NOTHING says it MUST be one or the other. Both are theories made by man. Maybe one is true, maybe not.

I say it's secret option C) We have no freakin' clue

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    evolution is supported by more experimental evidence then the "theory" of gravity

Don't start me on Gravity....too many holes (and not black ones)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I'm fresh out of reading Dawkins and Behe... and Behe makes some points that seem irrefutable about ID... while Dawkins just bashes everyone who doesn't agree with Darwinism...

I feel like an atheist though. Whether there was a designer who started everything or not does not seem very relevant or provable at this time. Who/whatever he/it was, he/it is not very concerned with humanity now, IMO.

So as Dawkins mentions in his category 6 (out of 7) atheist, I am happy to live out my life without regard to any higher power, and I do not think my happiness is related to such an imaginary power or whether he exists. This realization, actually, is quite happifying in itself.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I say it's secret option C) We have no freakin' clue

That is kinda how I feel.. we are very far from knowing everything yet... so there may be a viable alternative to both of these theories yet!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, I'm Roman Catholic and we are taught that God created the universe but that the scientific evidence shows that He used the process of evolution as part of his creative arsenal.

As Pope John Paul II said, he's fine with the "big bang theory", provided scientists give God the credit for coming up with the idea.

I believe in creation and evolution as a tool of creation.

And, yes, I know the first 10 chapters of Genesis are in the myth genre.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit