How do you feel now? EVOLUTION OR CREATION??

by chuckyy 81 Replies latest jw friends

• chuckyy
    chuckyy

Hi

As JWs we were no doubt staunch creationists. But how do you feel now?? do you still opt for creation or do you now feel evolution offers the right answer. And what has convinced you (whatever you now believe)

CHUKYY

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I vote: 'none of the above'....

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm not totally sure yet, but evolution is looking mighty good.

• BurnTheShips
  • yknot
    yknot

I pretty much have the same views.......

Why: I never had any doctrinal issues with creationism.....

I guess "Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained" more of less covered my view.

I think 6 literal days are possible, but can accept some form of 'creative days' that can allow for all sorts of the creation possibilities.

Again it wasn't a issue, happy to be alive..... if evolution is correct & I am wrong....... I wonder how much more 'evolving' is yet to come.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Evolution, for sure.

Why? The overwhelming weight of evidence, and especially now with the discovery and ability to decipher DNA. Couldn't have asked for a stronger proof of evolution. The fact that evolution is the basis for essentially every science course taught at every reputable university or college on Earth might also be a factor.

S4

• Zico
    Zico

Evolution definitely. People who promote Creationism are like people who promote the "Flat-Earth Theory" they go completely against the Scientific community and all available evidence.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Creation...... So there !

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I belive in some evolution but not yet a total atheist

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Before this evolves into the millionth evolution vs. creation showdown, I will simply state that I was once a creationist with a belief in intelligent design, having read WTS publications and a book by Michael Behe. Like so many creationists, I thought I knew what I was talking about. I never argued for creation on this board, though.

Just before coming here I took an in depth look into evolutionary science and discovered that it has nothing to do with disproving the existence of a god or creator. The combined sciences of astronomy, biology, geology, paleontology, and archeology do mesh with the theory of evolution and render the Biblical account of human history to the realm of myth. After studying the Documentary Hypothesis on the origins of the Biblical writings, I have no problem now accepting the Bible as a human cultural product, a very significant literary work, but hardly reliable history.

So, without faith in a Biblical god, I am a non-theist. I suppose I am open to the possible existence of a "force" of some sort, though I doubt it would take on the anthropomorphic qualities of human "holy" writings. My idea of a "creator," should it exist, is the basis for everything in existence and is not bound by the notions of good and evil. It would be all encompassing and "responsible" for the most breathtaking beauty alongside the most horrific holocaust. Both Jehovah/Yahweh/Jesus and Satan are puny in comparison for they are merely constructs of the human mind.

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit