ibme

Thanks

Bust wishes.

• ibme
    ibme

BEST

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

If all your blogging and logging over time is as poignant at that letter Jeff you should see about getting it published. You are an excellent writer and we were all moved by this letter. I think it depicts where many of us are at with our JW friends and relatives. If only we could just get through to them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx for the nice thoughts.

I had nearly cast this relationship off - thinking it was without future. The matter was reopened by his unexpected reply to a few emails that I had sent over time. It began as an angry barrage between us - most of the anger coming from his side of the fence of course.

I hoped to be able to take him thru the process bit by bit - but finally found that I had little interest in doing so - I could not focus on it, and when I did it made be bring up painful flashbacks.

I hope he reacts positively. But if not - the relationship is rocky anyway. I have tried to help a few local people to see the reality - but ultimately it is impossible to do that. No one can see if he chooses to keep his eyes closed. Hence the approach to the letter.

He has stated that he is thinking about what I have stated. I hope he does.

Someone asked about using the letter - Sure! If it helps go for it.

Jeff

• Reverend Warhawk
    Reverend Warhawk

That letter was simply beautiful.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Jeff- ferocious (in a good way)!!

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

Jeff,

What a powerful statement of who you are. How could anyone

not love you. There are so few people today who will stand up

and say "This is who I am, I am not ashamed to tell you the whole

truth". I am praying that your cousin will be proud to call you his

brother. I know this is a stretch being he is a JW, but stranger

things have happened. What are the odds of people who have

been JWs for almost 50 years coming out of the org? We are

living proof that it can happen.

Hang in there.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• dawg
    dawg

That was so awesome! I hope you'll let me send it out to my m any relatives that are leaving. I think it was one of the more powerful things I've read this year.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Jeff,

Yes, little Zac is 5 months old now. He is adorable and laughs constantly. I cannot believe how overwhelmed I am with love for him. It really has been life changing and makes me even more bewildered that JW's just sit back and obey the policy to shun your own children.

Paul

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Regarding the letter to my cousin - it is now three days and I have not heard a reply. I fully expect that he will answer politely in time, but continue the same quiet shunning of me from a distance, though I hope otherwise.

Thanx for the kind support and words by those who took the time to visit this thread.

Zak is beautiful Paul. Thanx for that info.

We are raising our grandkids - and though it is difficult to be parent/grandparent at the same time, it is also wonderful.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit