An attempt at reconciliation.

by AK - Jeff 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

JeffK,

Well said, though as you say a person needs open eyes to really understand what you are trying to say.

When I left the WTS I spent the last year speaking very openly about WTS failings to those with whom I was aorking as an elder. In retrospect I am surprised that no action was taken against me, though the congregation had some of the most progressive thinking elders that I came across while a JW, which I am sure helped. What was surprising is that those whom I thought were really taking to heart what I was saying are still holed up in the WTS, cynical, but clinging. Those that I though would remain, left. In speaking to some of those who left the common thread is that they researched their way out. It was the information that gave them all they needed.

It seems to me that those who do not go through this informational process have a much greater struggle with leaving.

I am what I think. Knowledge, real knowledge, is powerful. Information, science, and observation cannot be replaced with someone else's morality. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think any longer.

I think this about says it all.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit