What were the key articles that helped you leave (or articles you love)?

by jwfacts 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I first ran into E-Watchman's website in late 2006. I accidentally stumbled onto it while searching for a JW-friendly forum. For the next few months after that, I kept reading E-Watchman's articles and fought with trying to decide if he was right or not. I would read into the Bible certain things that weren't there. Eventually I found some websites that exposed him as a fraud, and I didn't know where to turn.

In April/May of 2007 I was at the KH and we were going over the one article praising the GB for all it supposedly does, especially in bringing in the "great crowd" and supposedly showing them all of their "great truths". I could see through the presumptousness of it all... Then I found a website that had nothing but Watchtower quotes from all of its magazines/books. I began to see all of the failed prophecies and cover-ups. This is what really helped me.

I finally found Freeminds.org in the summer of 2007, and all of the articles under the "History", "Doctrine", and "Prophecy" sections helped me come to terms with what I learned.

Late in 2007 I finally ran into this forum, JWFacts.com and a few others. Reading CoC sealed the deal for me and brought me some peace. It confirmed everything I had read.

• White Dove
    White Dove

It was a WT study that made my daughter get up and leave the hall one Sunday.

It was about the reasons why people leave the org. It was the usual list of things that were not true for all but were put forth as true for every quitter.

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

A few more:

http://corior.blogspot.com

http://www.jwfiles.com

http://www.dimaggio.org/Heretic/critical.htm

Too many good articles in these archives to choose just a few; I'm not sure if you're looking only for specific single articles, or full archival links?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am interested in which sites are effective, but really would like to know specific articles or topics that opened peoples eyes. Articles that may be worth sending to active JWs to read.

• wednesday
    wednesday

The "James " book . I once told someone that and they said that indicated I had apostate leanings. :)

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

It wasn't an article that was the final push for me, it was an assembly part. It was an experience related by a bethel missonary about a poor witness in south america who had no shoes for service and how Jehovah provided and because of how zealous this young witness was, provided them not only with new shoes but clothes. I remember wanting to scream at the top of my lungs, as they all clapped so proudly, what I wanted to scream was WTF is wrong with you people? You are all sitting there clapping away, big smiles, yet you don't stop and think... Jehovah will let people die in his name over blood doctrines, will let children die of cancer, etc., yet he takes enough notice of someone needing $%^*&(@ shoes for service that he chooses to "bless" them. It was disgusting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit