What were the key articles that helped you leave (or articles you love)?

by jwfacts 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am looking for "best-of" articles about JWs and the Watchtower Society. What were the best articles that you remember reading. Any topic will do. It can be doctrine, experiences, philosophical, anything ... the more the merrier. Youtube clips are also ok, such as V's comments.

• karvel
    karvel

your whole website. happy?

it's true.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

thanks Karvel.

• karvel
    karvel
    thanks Karvel.

no, no. thank you

• Justitia Themis
  • nameless_one
    nameless_one

Same answer as karvel. Your site is a remarkable resource, and when my JW is ready to look at such material your Web site is going to be the first resource I share with him.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thats a good article JT, and thanks nameless one.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Would have to agree with the others that jwfacts is a wonderful resource, there are so many things I have learned from the articles on the site and whenever I have a question, I post looking for a reply here, and go looking at jwfacts as well......

Thanks!!

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?

The Bible, of course, makes no direct comments on modern-day assisted reproductive procedures. It does, however, enable us to know God’s view on certain key issues. And knowing the answers to two basic questions can guide true Christians in making decisions that are pleasing to God.

When does human life begin? The Bible indicates that life begins at conception. Note the words of the psalmist David, who was inspired to say of God: “Your eyes saw even the embryo of me, and in your book all its parts were down in writing.” ( Psalm 139:16 ) Consider also Exodus 21:22, 23 , where the original-language text indicates that a person would be held accountable for injury to an unborn child. The lesson to be learned is that our Creator views life as precious, even during the very early stages of development in the womb. In God’s eyes the willful destruction of an embryo would be viewed as abortion.%

Are there any restrictions as to how one’s reproductive powers may be used? God’s view can be found at Leviticus 18:20 , which says: “You must not give your emission as semen to the wife of your associate to become unclean by it.” The underlying principle in that Scriptural decree is this: A man’s semen should not be used to inseminate anyone other than his wife, and a woman should not bear a child for someone other than her own husband. In other words, the reproductive powers are not to be used for someone other than one’s marriage mate. True Christians, therefore, avoid surrogate motherhood as well as any procedures that involve the use of donated sperm, eggs, or embryos.^

When making a decision involving assisted reproduction, true Christians must weigh carefully what the Bible reveals about God’s thinking.** After all, he is the Originator of marriage and family life.— Ephesians 3:14, 15 .

% See the article “The Bible’s Viewpoint: When Does Human Life Begin?” in the October 8, 1990, issue of Awake!

When I first read this I said to myself that this is in no way any body's business but the people involved. I also was thinking of the so many times in the bible the Israelites (Abraham for example) would "use" an other woman for having a child or the story of Lot and his daughters. I though that the bible was not that clear on the matter.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

I don't particulalry like the guy but when researching the organisation's connection to the UN I stumbled upon Robert Kings expose of the subject. It's called Strange Bedfellows. It is still to this day I believe the most comprehensive account of the issue. This was enough for me and my wife to leave. Here is a link to the article:-

http://e-watchman.com/essays/watchtower-united-nations-strange-bedfellows.html#

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit