Anti-College/Pro-Pioneering Convention Interviews

by Rohag 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

"alright"

said 6 times..can anyone say "word whisker"? I knew you could.

Snakes ()

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Ah yessss!

The "experiences" at the A$$embly.

All I can say is that in the 30 years I actually believed the troof, when somebody I knew was interviewed on the platform, they told a pack of lies, in EVERY case without exception.

Bet these are lies too.

HB

• Alexia
    Alexia

I’m so glad my 57 year old mother has a very stable career, but I wasn’t so lucky. By the time I was in high school in the ‘90s they started the anti-college BS. I went to technical school to get an AA and one of the lucky ones who were able to work for Fortune 500 companies and pull in a decent salary. But thankfully, I live in the Bay Area were the San Francisco Financial District and Silicon Valley are just a stones throw away from home. MOST people are not so lucky depending on where they live.

I still have a hard time not having a Bachelors degree and most of the people in my age group are in an even worst position. I remember back in 2000 (when I was already in the work force) the young people in my circuit were getting pressured to work for FedEx, UPS (where a brother was killed on the job mind you), WebVan as a driver (which folded in the dot bomb), grocery stores as a clerk and so on. Young people getting on the job injuries with crappy insurance, having families so two jobs were necessary and so on. Criminal.

Also, how in the hell do they expect us to support and take care of our aged parents when they pressure us in a position where we can take care of ourselves??

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I have on good authority that at least some of those "experiences" weren't even had by the people giving them. I remember an elder's wife who was interviewed and she said they brought their future son-in-law into the "truth" when he knocked on their door selling insurance. Since I knew them personally, I caught up with her later and said "I didn't know Dan sold insurance." She looked at me blankly, so I reminded her of her convention part. She responded, "Oh no, that didn't happen to me. Sometimes when they have an interesting experience, they'll just have other people give it as if it was their own."

I remember thinking, "hmmmm, sounds an awful lot like lying to me."

• amama2six
    amama2six
    Thx for the WitchTower origami barfbag.

I'm power vomiting so you may need to make a few more.

Let me go get a big stack of the ones with articles on avoiding "higher education" in favor of "service to Jehovah" instead...they'll make GREAT barfbags for all who need them!

• Honesty
  • amama2six
    amama2six

Darn Honesty...he missed the barf bag. LOL

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

Amama2six

Let me go get a big stack of the ones with articles on avoiding "higher education" in favor of "service to Jehovah" instead...they'll make GREAT barfbags for all who need them!

I guarantee there will still not be enough for all especailly after the mess Honesty made.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

B_Deserter wrote:

"She looked at me blankly, so I reminded her of her convention part. She responded, "Oh no, that didn't happen to me. Sometimes when they have an interesting experience, they'll just have other people give it as if it was their own."

I remember thinking, "hmmmm, sounds an awful lot like lying to me." "

end quote...

Good heavens. I swear... I really don't know why I keep being surprised, and yet... after all these years, the tidbits of truth about the (T)ruth still surprises me.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How they count as personal blessings when Jehovah and/or the Washtowel Slaveholdery are the sole benefactors, I never could figure that out. Notice that there is not one single personal blessing involved. They tell about having no "wants", and yet they are programmed to not want anything except to waste all their time and money in field circus.

I can think of plenty of things they are going to be "wanting" when they are about 70 years old. And they are not going to be presenting their experiences of being destitute and sick, with nothing to fall back on. They will not present the stagnation that they are going to run into throughout their lives. They will not present the regret that they could not create value for man or themselves instead of the Washtowel Slaveholdery or some Almighty Baghead that doesn't really give a fxxx about personal needs. They will never let anyone hear that kind of experiences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit