Anti-College/Pro-Pioneering Convention Interviews

by Rohag 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm glad my wife and sister in law decided to go back to college. I can't think of a better place for them to improve themselves. These contrived "interviews" are just re-hashed old experiences. Just how do they expect a full time ministers to support themselves?

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I can't even believe how easy it is to succeed as a dub compared to actually making something worthwhile of yourself. All the drivel answers are there.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

seriously try living in L.A. on a "pioneers's" salary

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

What troubles me is the way that a 'career in the truth' is portrayed. In reality how many actually make it to Gilead and with Bethel down-sizing even the number going to Bethel will be fewer in the future. Serving where the 'need is greater' and the 'foreign language field' are just pie in the sky.

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

amama2six Thx for the WitchTower origami barfbag.

I'm power vomiting so you may need to make a few more.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Same story goes on and on... I recall my self 25 years ago being interviewed as young pioneer, saying the same shit. I was send to preached about a generation that passed way, about a preaching work that supposed to separate the sheep from the goats. I wasn't supposed to grow this system and I would have seen the end before the year 2000.

I grow old I'm 41 uneducated straggling to survive in this world. I only wish to have seen that I was fooled by a cult and run way from the WT as fast as I could

• Number1Anarchist
    Number1Anarchist

justhuman.

Your not alone we all fell for the bullshit!

Look at it this way you atleast got wise while all the dumbasses still in there who grew old and died beleiving there lies!

The WitchTower will be exposed and will crumble the internet will expose them for what they truly are!

WitchTower Baal and Trance Society !

Peace out!

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I know some people who "support" themselves on a part-time job. The one I know mooched pretty much mooched off his parents. They'd bring food over, clean his house, pay some of his bills. There is no way you can be totally independent with a part-time job today.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

A couple in our congregation were interviewed at the DC several years ago--probably 30. Similar stuff...three kids either pioneering, serving in Bethel or in the congregation as presiding overseer. Oh how blessed they were!

Today? Two are not going to meetings at all, one has been through two divorces and the other still married but very unhappy. Oh yes, the one daughter who is still going to meetings attempted suicide about 3 years ago--quite mentally unstable. All three of them are struggling financially because they didn't think the system was going to continue.

• Mary
    Mary

Too bad they don't interview those that got royally screwed over by not going for higher education and ended up poor as church mice, unable to pay their bills, unable to afford medical insurance, no savings for retirement (after all, Armageddon was coming), and where they'll pay rent till the day they die.

Or, maybe they could interview some of the old-timers like my dad who was told in 1950 not to pay into the company pension plan, because Armageddon would be here loooong before he retired.

Gee, why aren't these people interviewed???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit