RECENT REVISIONS TO THE KH DRESS CODE?

by navytownroger 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe
    John Doe

I used to wear western ties to meetings.

• Texman55
    Texman55

OMFG!! Denim is still demonized, and this is 2008???

Jeezus, nothing's changed in the 30 years I've been away. That's just freaking sick.

But we knew that already, right? So sad that people are still doing the mindless routine.

I'm not hip on all the latest styles myself, but even out here on the prairie we know the Fifties are way over.

These people need 'Queer Eye for the JW,' bad.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Rules, rules and more rules...I wore a lot of leather...which not alot liked....I just didn't care...lol

then the Co and his wife showed up...leather leather leather.....

No one ever said anything to me for what i wore...

h40

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Yeah....but you didn't need the leather whip though Hope......!!

Edit to add:

I would love to see a CO turn up in leather.....

• blondie
    blondie

So is this brochure available to the general population in the congregations through the literature desk? I'm sure some elders will use it congregationally but this is addressing visits to Bethel not overall congregation meetings. Do the Bethelites dress like this on their jobs, cleaning, working on the print presses, etc.. If this appears in a KM article or in the WT, I would view it as official at the organizational level. It's a case of straining out the gnat of denim skirts and swallowing down the camel of protecting pedophiles in the congregation.

Blondie

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Stupid assed rules!!

All the stuff going on that you could

be worried about,

and they STILL are harping

on S**t like fabric your clothes

are made from, hair on your face, and

what you do behind closed doors.

Thet need to give it a Freekin' rest

Arggggggggggggg!!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Denim is still demonized

get a grip...they are not saying don't wear denim ever.

denim is fine in certain circumstances

other occasions it is not.

get dressed up people - it's fun

• Mary
    Mary

Pretty soon, this'll be the standard garb for all the Dubs.......

Pilgrim Man Adult Plus Costume

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, this is yet another example of where the Writing Dept. should read own advise:

March 15, 1978 Watchtower, p. 18 par.8 Adorn the Teaching of God in All Things:

".....Dress and grooming, entertainment, employment and other personal affairs are not the essentials "for the advancement of the good news." (Phil. 1:12) If there is no actual violation of the Scriptures and if moderation is shown by shunning extremes or involvements with worldly wrongdoing, then these matters of daily living do not come within the area where we should be judged by our brothers.—Compare Proverbs 11:2...."

Guess they got um, 'new light' on the subject.

• Devilsnok
    Devilsnok
    CO: "So how should we lovingly handle the situation if a sister shows up for Field Service wearing denim?

Do what they used to make me do if I turned up for P.E ("Gym" for the Americans) without my kit, make her do F.S in her underwear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit