RECENT REVISIONS TO THE KH DRESS CODE?

by navytownroger 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yknot
    yknot

The only acceptable JW Male Uniform....

JW women (varies depending on regional customs....check with your local BOE for clarity)

• VM44
    VM44

Why do you suppose they don't like denim?

Do they associate it with work clothing perhaps?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Denim has been an evil bad no no for years now. This is nothing new.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Why do you suppose they don't like denim?

Do they associate it with work clothing perhaps?

NO. It's because of those filthy, nasty, smelly hippies.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Probably got Denim confused with Demon.....

• calico
    calico

I like the picture of the sister wearing sneakers and they say it is too casual--would they pick on an older sister wearing orthopedic shoes?

• watson
    watson

The mid 60's IBM dress code is the best bet for 21st century JWs.

• yknot
    yknot

Knorr had a problem with denim ......the only excuse was if you were in Texas and another state which I don't remember.....

Which is why my son went to the meetings dressed like this:

alt......sometimes he wanted a clip on tie....but it was off within 5 minutes of putting it on....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is another way to make everyone look the same, so no one can be singled out as sexually attractive.

My idea of a dress code is much simpler: Anything that does not initiate the use of force, threat of force, or fraud against another person is acceptable. And that includes going to the Kingdumb Hell completely naked, or with denim that highlights every single desirable feature of the anatomy. Those who wish to dress more conservatively can feel free to. Nylon stockings are optional, as is the skirt and suit/tie.

More realistically, anything that is reasonable is acceptable. If they are going to have business-like dress codes, then the "sisters" should be allowed to dress in denim slacks (as long as they are reasonably neat and clean-looking) and comfortable shirts. "Brothers" should also be allowed to dress in comfortable shirts and shoes (or sneakers), and denim pants in reasonable condition and appearance. Hey, most of the clerks in grocery stores have more relaxed dress standards these days--why shouldn't those who have to work in variable weather?

• yknot
    yknot
    so no one can be singled out as sexually attractive

That rights......a Sister would have to wow JW boys with her note taking and highlighting skills.....quick yet steady wrist wins everytime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit