Where was the joy they kept taling about

by heybaby 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• garybuss
    garybuss

The joy is at Bethel when the donation checks clear.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I have to admit that I initially found joy in telling people that soon - oh so soon - all woes would be past.

However, when the heat index makes it feel like 116 degrees, coupled with the fact that no one answers the doors, that joy soon fades into disillusionment.

There is no rhyme or reason to the "preaching" that JW's do.

Sylvia

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I was raised in it and I had a hard time seeing where the joy was also. If there was any joy to be seen it was usually doing something not directly related to the hall.

• dinah
    dinah

heybaby, like everyone else I hated it too! Being raised in the troof, I was dragged around knocking on doors until I was 18. Hated every single minute of it. The worst was when someone you knew opened the door. Funny how Jehovah never would just open the ground so it would swallow me.

And talk about being hot! Good grief, summer was almost unbearable.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

What the hell are you lot on about…… There was loads of joy. I think that you need to think about what that joy really was.......

"Consider it all joy, my brothers, when YOU meet with various trials" (James 1:2).

So if you were having a real shit time…..there was your joy…….

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I spent my childhood in NJ, going out in service in the ice cold winter, then the latter years I spent in the blistering heat in Georgia. Service sucks no matter where you are.

• sacolton
    sacolton

You know what true joy is? Staying home on a snowy day with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. As you peek out the window and see the freezing snow and ice blow around, you spot two Jehovah's Witnesses slipping and sliding on the sidewalk and one falls down and attempts to correct his balance by clinging to the other thus making both fall into a snow drift.

That's joy.

• Alexia
    Alexia

I so hated it.

Going out in hilly territories (Bay Area) with homes that had 100 stairs to get to the door, dogs, having to memorize where all my friends from school lived so that I can avoid their doors (stall, going back to the car to get more mags, etc), HATED getting people out of bed on a Saturday morning. Poor folks coming to the door half sleep, uggh!

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic
    you spot two Jehovah's Witnesses slipping and sliding on the sidewalk

Don’t know about watching two JW’s playing ‘slip and slide’.

I would rather get joy playing ‘slip and slide’ myself….. Anyone else want to play………??

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Joy??? What joy was that?

Oh yeah, I remember now. Joy was something non-existent that you talk constantly about, in the hope that it would materialize.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit