Hi, I'm new

by Diva 40 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome!

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Hi Diva,

Welcome. Me and hubby (Gladring) are also trying to fade. So far so good but its early days.

What happened that made your fade difficult? Any tips for a seamless fade appreciated!

• Diva
    Diva

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

I said to my husband: now that I've finally posted I guess that makes me an apostate - Damn it feels good!!!

Hello Sabrina and David - would love to meet up again.

Amha'aet - The reason our fade has been hard? We didn't move far away enough and so are sill the subject of gossip and annoying JW's poking their noses in where they're not wanted!!!

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Hi Diva. :)

• amama2six
    amama2six

Welcome Diva! I just joined a few days ago myself and had the same thought as you about actually being an "apostate" now. I often wonder if the whole apostate thing is not only to keep JWs from finding out the truth about the organization but also to keep a lot of those who leave from seeking outside support. I mean, I'm DFed but not for apostasy, so I hadn't technically committed the unforgivable sin until coming here (12 years after my DFing). I was afraid to be wrong about leaving and involve myself with apostates, thus ruining any chance of ever going back. But without the support it's very hard to deal with the aftermath and I'm sure many end up going back to the organization because they are too afraid to seek out other ex-JWs who could help them with the transition. I never went back but I went through some very rough times alone. Even though my exit was many years ago I have realized in coming here that I have a LOT of unresolved issues regarding my JW years. I'm just glad I now have a place to come and see I am not alone and have support. :D

• flipper
    flipper

DIVA- Welcome to the board friend ! I too was raised in the witness cult. Was in 44 years - got out 5 uears ago ! You will find lots of support here ! Look forward to hearing more from you ! My wife and I welcome you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Welcome.

• besty
    besty

Hi Diva

Good to hear from you and <more> from that Borgy husband of yours.

CG was a fun fest - good times to remember back on

Loooking forward to keeping in touch more - no doubt Sam will be PM'ing you very soon.

ATB with the fade - one less of them and one more of us - I love it.

Best

Paul M

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome girlfriend. Would love to hear from you. It's so good to have you here. CG was the best apostafest ever so far - I miss being near you lot.

Look forward to more of your posts.

Sam

• StAnn
    StAnn

Welcome, Diva!

I moved 600 miles away. It wasn't far enough. They still found me and harrassed me, thanks to my family.

Note to self: when trying to get away from the JWs, don't tell your JW family your new address!

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit