Hi, I'm new

by Diva 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Diva
    Diva

Hi, this is my first post but I’ve been lurking around this discussion board for some time now. My husband (the borg) occasionally posts and I had the pleasure of meeting some great people at the Apostofest in Covent Garden, London last year arranged by Bestie and Sweetpea , Hi to you both and hi to Freetothink, Mr Majestic and everyone that was there –hope you’re all ok.

My story in a nutshell: Raised a JW from birth, my whole family, expect one brother and sister (disfellowshipped) are still JW’s - Basically I was raised in a family who were considered one of the pillars of the congregation, we all pioneered and did the whole witness thing, in fact one of my sisters is a missionary. My whole JW world crumbled when I learnt about the JW/UN connection and from that moment on there was no turning back. In fact the more I learned about the organisation the more convinced I was at how dishonest and evil it is. I made my decision along with my husband to begin a slow fade from the congregation. We moved house, about 25 miles outside our territory but it hasn’t been as easy as we had hoped.

Ok, well that’s enough for now, I’ll add more at another time. Anyway it’s great to finally post here.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

sounds like you are no stranger to these parts. welcome!

I've been to covent garden while walking around. nice place. I'd love to visit london again. my wife and I love the history there.

• megs
    megs

Welcome!

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Welcome aboard dear, I may post more now.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Welcome!

• free2think
    free2think

HEY Diva, im so glad you decided to join. How's it going? I loved meeting you and your hubby in december, we definitely have to do it again soon.

Thanks Sylvia.

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome diva!

The UN issue was my turning point as well.

changeling :)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello Diva

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Hi Diva and Welcome!
    Glad to have you with us. Thats so nice to have both you and your hubby posting together. Remember the family that post together stays together (heehe).

StoneWall

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Diva

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit