"All My Friends Are Leaving The Truth"

by sweet pea 19 Replies latest jw friends

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Something Switch said reminded me of what THREE of my old JW girlfriends have said -

"All my friends are leaving the truth!!!".

You'd think it would make them think and research the 'why'.

But, as we all know, it has to be the right time for them to ask that question and to really want to know the 'why'. There have to be too many things piled up in that locked room of doubts.

How about you - have you had the same experience?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

First of all, they are TERRIFIED to even WONDER "why"... and as we know also, they just feel even more strongly that they are the true "chosen ones" and, oh, well... guess their friends just couldn't cut it.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

What she really means is: "All my friends are leaving the 'false'"!

Outaservice

• amicus
    amicus
    How about you - have you had the same experience?

No, but because of my background I was welcomed into the inner circle when I re-introduced my self into the JW culture in the 90's.

The elders I came to know and still respect were old timers who thought perhaps they were losing "Jah's spirit".

The Society gave them an oldie that was a realist to answer the letter the body of elders sent to the Society wondering if they had become Spiritually ill. He wasn't a fan of the WTBTS ruling class interesting enough. He assured the elders they hadn't been infiltrated by apostates...but he was so much more. ;-)

For a while the only reason I attended meetings was to visit with him before and after meetings to listen to his "Bethel isn't what you think it is" storys.

It was the first time I began to realize that my old friend Randy W wasn't the demon our old friends painted him to be.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Wouldn't it be appropriate to say they are going to the truth, rather than leaving it.

The game is over , the corruption and deceit is obvious

Maybe we should thank these people for joining humanity

• garybuss
    garybuss

All my friends did!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

My response to them would simply be "that's because it is isn't the truth".

So many of my friends have left that I find it hard to understand how there is still any growth. There must still be some converting from the fieldservice.

• White Dove
    White Dove

My friends now are all x's that used to be jw's in the past. We were all in it together from different congs and we all are out together. It's weird.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Thanks for all your comments.

Garybuss, JWFacts, White Dove - Wow, you give us all hope. Thank you especially.

• Switch
    Switch

It's so true. I was always amazed at how many from my generation disappeared from my old Hall. I'd say 70% left a long time ago. I guess that agrees with the Pew report. Two women are still faithfully going to my old Hall and unfortunately they were my closest friends. :-(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit