Does your cat eat anything that you consider unusual?

by PEC 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cawshun
    cawshun

It's important to know what food's can harm your pets. I got an email the other day and it informed that grapes and kill a cat and dog.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

two cats = different preferences

Things they both loved: Melon - watermelon, canteloup, honeydew - loved them all. Cheese. Tuna - any time, any where, and as often as possible. They both enjoyed wine and beer but never coffee or tea. Most meat

Things they both hated: oranges, or any other citris fruit. Onions, mushrooms or peppers which meant pizza was safe to have around. Coke (the drink) - a good thing because the Coke was mine. All I had to do was make the sound of the can opening and they would tear off to another room.

Maine Coon will eat almost anything including ribbon, elastics, balloons well . . . he just kills the balloon or elastic and puts it in his food dish. The ribon he would swallow until he choked so we had to make sure it was never in reach of him. We did discover he didn't like seafood or onions and bananas. Other than that he was a feline garbage machine.

This was also the cat who figured out how to climb up on the counter, open the right door, knock a few cans of food out of the way and swipe the catnip container out of the cupboard and onto the floor where he was caught trying to figure out how to open it

Red Tabby much more refined in his tastes. Loved bananas but they had to still be a bit firm and only if I held it. Grapes but only if you peeled them. He was never caught tipping over the garbage can looking for food

Grapes also provided a great source of amusement in a feline version of hockey as did chocolate covered peanuts

• amicus
    amicus
    they eat every bug they see which is useful.

Mine have given up wasps and I think black widows. It's fun to watch them snag flies in mid-flight though.

Cat's don't hunt to eat, cats hunt to hunt. Which isn't necessarily good in an urban environment.

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

Two cats.

One screams a meow whenever anyone walks by her food bowl, even if it's totally full.

Cat number two runs away whenever I open a new trashbag, but if I leave a plastic shopping bag on the floor, she tries to eat it.

I know it's off the topic, but I also have three dogs and three of those stainless steel bowls in which to feed them. Two of the dogs eat just fine out of the bowls, but if the third dog smells that either of the other two dogs have eaten out of the bowl set aside for him, he won't eat unless I dump the food onto the floor.

Aminals is cuckoo.

• Solace1998
    Solace1998

mine licks shopping bags.... for the corn starch, i guess

• Purza
    Purza

My cat used to want to smell/taste everything I was eating. She once ate some zucchini bread. Now, everything is distasteful to her except her own cat dry food.

I have kittens right now that I am "fostering" and these guys are crazy -- they want whatever you are having. I caught one on the counter yesterday eating cookie dough. WTF?

Purza

P.S. My dog has eaten other dog's sh*t and cat sh*t (protein).

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Buddy eats salad. Sabre, (deceased) ate jalapeno peppers.

• megs
    megs

Cat #1, her name is Apple because that's her favourite snack, she also loved pears and bananas (she was not named after Gwyneth Paltrow's kid), cat number two likes cereal milk, crackers and cheese

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Here are my babies....they like Salad and bugs....

I adopted both the black one was a wild cat that kept coming around for food. He has 6 toes in front paws and five on the back paws. They look

like mittens...

h40

• SuperApostateGirl
    SuperApostateGirl

Hmmmm? a black cat??Interesting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit