Does your cat eat anything that you consider unusual?

by PEC 39 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

Mr. flipper, snakes, mice, lizards, and squirrels are all the usual victums of house cats. If the owls and blue jays, were not babies, are you sure these were house cats? Around here the blue jays attack the cats. No bats around here; but, the bats that I have seen would not be a challenge for a house cat.

karvel, both our cats like to lick blankets.

Priest73, I only they could.

chickpea, our cats love most things with cheese, I wish we could get them to eat bugs.

Pandoras cat, both of our cats like cinnamon graham crackers and Carmel loves frosted mini wheat's, soaked in milk.

Hortensia, more bugs, I need to get, them to eat ants.

John Doe,

White Dove, tomatoes and eggs.

beksbks, Doritos and Fruit Loops, I hope not at the same time.

cawshun, I haven't found a credible source for information on what cats should not eat. Many of them say, don't give your cat milk; because, your cat may be lactose intolerant. Others say grapes shouldn't be given to dogs; so, don't give them to your cat. One site said one cherry tomato killed a their cat; but, we have a number of people her that have given their cats various form of tomato with no problems, I will believe them over some Internet web site. There is a lot of junk on the Internet, if I find what I think is a good source, I will post it to this thread.

Lady Lee, I always was told cat were picky eaters, it doesn't sound like it by the responses here. FYI cats should not eat chocolate, especially dark chocolate.

amicus,

RisingEagle, "Animals is cuckoo." I have got that right.

Solace1998, our cats like the sound of shopping bags, they will play with them, but; don't lick them.

Purza, Carmel it 13 years old, I don't think she is ever going to stop eating junk food. Dogs

jamiebowers "(deceased) ate jalapeno peppers." Is there any connection?

megs, ours haven't tried apple or pears, both don't like bananas.

Hope4Others, nice picture, I guess I should post some.

Tired of the Hypocrisy, spaghetti.

MissingLink, he was saving the other half for later.

wha happened?, I am not giving my broccoli to the cats.

Robdar, strawberry shortcake, yum.

knock knock, my kitty doesn't beg, he climbs up in my lap and sticks his face in the dish.

Quandyr, miniature marshmallows and breath mints, that is two new ones for the list.

Casper, donuts another one for the list.

MinisterAmos, "true Christians do not keep cats as pets," sounds like a good reason not to be one of those "true Christians"

Philip

• Robdar
    Robdar

"A home without a cat--and a well fed, well petted cat--may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?" Mark Twain

• PEC
    PEC

Here are some pictures of our cats.

Snickers

Carmel

Snickers

Carmel

Philip

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

We had a cat, siamese, that just loved OLIVES!!!! Strange cat also.

NMG

• Purza
    Purza

Pec,

Are they flame points? They are beautiful!

Purza

• PEC
    PEC

Both were rescues, Carmel was dumped with her 6 kittens, in the canyon down the street from our house, we kept her and got homes for the kittens. Snickers was born to a feral cat, down the street from our daughters house, all of the cats previous litter had been killed by the neighbor's dogs, our daughter rescued the three kittens at 4 weeks.

Philip

• calico
    calico

Maine Coon will eat almost anything including ribbon, elastics, balloons well . . . he just kills the balloon or elastic and puts it in his food dish. The ribon he would swallow until he choked so we had to make sure it was never in reach of him. We did discover he didn't like seafood or onions and bananas. Other than that he was a feline garbage machine.

This was also the cat who figured out how to climb up on the counter, open the right door, knock a few cans of food out of the way and swipe the catnip container out of the cupboard and onto the floor where he was caught trying to figure out how to open it

I had a Maine Coon that was crazy about rubber bands--he even knew which drawer I kept them in! He loved popcorn and would show up in the kitchen when he heard me opening the wrapper to the microwave popcorn! He was so cool--he would fly thru the air to catch popcorn and bat it with his paw as if he were playing tennis! I sure miss him! I think that particular breed of cat is VERY smart.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Bats!

Paul

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well, mine doesn't like fish, which I think is kinda odd.

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

My current cat will eat plastic bags. He's also addicted to Fancy Feast. It's kitty crack! He was waking me up at 4:00 a.m. for it.

My mom's cat would eat raisins off the table and peaches.

My first cat used to lick the bar of soap. And she'd lick my legs after I shaved and put lotion on. She was not right in the head! She freaked out once and wouldn't come out of my bedroom. I eventually had to put food and a litter box in there for her. Then one day, she decided to come out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit