How did God do it?

by nicolaou 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

2050, im glad that you are so sure. i dont know how anyone can say that they know for sure if there is a God or not. what exactly has been proven? that because evolution is a fact, that means there is no God? who made that rule? what exactly has been proven? i have not met many athiests that claim to know for a certainty. if you want to believe there is no God, that is fine. but to claim you know for sure is a little ridiculous, how is that any different then me proclaiming there is a god beyond a shadow of a doubt? sorry bro, im not buying it. being dogmatic on either side is not reasonable.

Hello again my friend from Ecuador,

Firstly I just want to say that I respect your belief in creation.

“if you can't see the possibility of the existence of a creator in the nature around us, it is because you have deliberately shut out that possibility”.
    This is not true, I don’t shut out anything. I have considered this possibility, I came to the conclusion that nature was not intelligently designed. I can see why you would think that it was, it does appear that way at first glance. Just as the Earth appears to be flat and the sun appears to move around us (Ecclesiastes 1:5). How did we find out the truth about these things?

“you cannot prove the relationship of all life from similarities in DNA. It just isn't scientific proof”.
    This is not true, DNA is scientific proof and it does tell us about relationships between different life forms. As do paleontology, comparative anatomy, biogeography, and embryology. They all tell the same story.

“scientific proof requires that a theory be repeated, showing the same results”.
    It is said that gravity causes the Earth to orbit the sun. Are we able to repeat this? No, therefore it can’t be true. (But it is true)

“evolutionary scientists will refuse to consider an intelligent designer for all the design we see all around us”.
    This is not true, creationist claims are examined by scientists. Creationists put forward their evidence for intelligent design and it is continually shown to be untrue. Here is a small list http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/list.html.

“Is there, in your opinion, any possibility at all that God could exist, or do you refuse to consider that as a viable option?”
    I have come to the conclusion that God does exist, he exists in the minds of many people. I do not refuse to consider the possibility that God exists, I have considered it and at present I find it to be an unviable option. My mind is always open to the possibility that God exists.

yourmomma,

Hi, hope you are well.

“i dont know how anyone can say that they know for sure if there is a God or not”.
    There are many reasons as to why people feel certain about the existence or nonexistence of God. I said that there are facts that we can be certain of, this is not one of them.

“what exactly has been proven? that because evolution is a fact, that means there is no God? who made that rule?”
    I do not know who made that rule, it certainly wasn’t me.

“what exactly has been proven?”
    That evolution is a real process that has produced us.

“if you want to believe there is no God, that is fine. but to claim you know for sure is a little ridiculous”.
    Agreed.

“im not buying it”.
    I wasn’t selling it.

“being dogmatic on either side is not reasonable”.
    Agreed.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

I have had the idea that if god actually ever did exist, and who am I to say that he didnt, then maybe like WE HAPPENED GOD HAPPENED

If God existed maybe he was the opposite of us. Not mortal, physical, or organic, but invisible, cosmic, and comprising power. The ingredients of space created him much like we are all the ingredients of our milky way galaxy...Gods power or existence would eventually would run out like the sun runs out of its power. Like we run out of life He also would run his course losing power until he existed no longer. Just a thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit