How did God do it?

by nicolaou 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ecuador
    ecuador

I don't know is not always a bad answer. If I could explain it all, I guess I'd be God. At least when I believe that God created things, I have life bringing forth life, which is a proven scientific fact, since the time of Pastuer. When I see the complexity of something like vision or hearing, or the perfection of the earth spinning through space, I feel that the God of the Bible is the best option we have. I believe that if life could accidently come from non-living matter, then man should be able to duplicate that somehow.

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

Blasty,

While I can see where you are coming from, I couldnt disagree with you more. And I dont mean that confrontationally, I am just being direct...

I used to be an absolute hardcore creationist, writing college paper after college paper, and engaging in debate after debate with "evolutionist idiots". Now I do realize that Natural Selection is the best explanation for the biodeversity we see on this planet.

It is nothing to do with smarts, and it has nothing to do with faith. Honestly, it is a pretty simple straight forward concept/theory. The issues that people have with it tend to come from general misunderstandings of what the scientific method really is, and what the theory itself is actually about. Once I saw that I was really arguing against this concept using lies given to me by individuals who either had been duped themselves or had a vested interest in me believing these lies, I opened my mind to it. After that, the obviousness of it was just plain as day.

Really, it is no different then what we all say about the JW org. Once we opened our mind to the idea of thinking about the organization from a critical point of view, we all saw so clearly how absolutely screwed up it is. If you can relate to that kind of mental transition, that is similar to what happened with me regarding Natural Selection and Evolution. Just like you surely wouldnt accept the idea that there is proof on both sides of the coin regarding wether the WTBS is Gods channel on Earth, that is why proponents of Natural Selection reject the notion that Evolution is a matter of faith. It is no more a matter of faith then your believing that the Jehovahs Witnesses are the one true religion.

Do you see what I am saying?

Best Regards.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Biblcally, god only made 'the word'. It was 'the word' that was supposed to have made everything.

S

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Biblcally, god only made 'the word'. It was 'the word' that was supposed to have made everything.

S

Word.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Easy nic, he spoke all things in to existence.

Life comes from life.

Who made god then? Please answer?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    I believe that if life could accidently come from non-living matter, then man should be able to duplicate that somehow.

First welcome to the board ecuador. Second I just want to point out that if man can duplicate it it would not be considered accidental. Scientist have been able to create a virus.

• Blasty
    Blasty

Maximum, I only think my argument on both sides exists with this discussion, not others. If I phrased it that every discussion can have two valid sides, well that's not what i mean.

Don't think of the word faith as a dirty "creationist" word, since that's not what it is. It's just all anyone has when they run out of facts but they still want to believe in their conclusion. And i'm sorry but both arguments, for or against, are missing indisputable facts.

Also, any creationists that quote doctrine, or use the bible to prove their point, well they really are missing the essence of the conversation anyways.

I personally think that science, nature, and everything related to that is really the only way to prove or disprove God. And even with everything we know these days, we are only starting to realize how much we don't know. This is the exact problem I have with this discussion, so many people think they have all the answers, or that they read the last chapter that put the nail in the coffin, and they don't. They think they do, but in reality they are just building faith in their belief. Faith in evolution, or faith in creation. Mankind hasn't even come close to discovering the secrets of this universe, scientifically speaking.

Do I believe in creation? Yes. And it's only because of science, not because of a book, or what someone else told me.

The problem with people believing in God or not believing him, is also that we all build our own concept of God, and what qualities He should have. Lots of us leave our church, and while reinventing ourselves, we don't try to reinvent God. We just take the God we were taught or told of, apply what we know against him, and come to our conclusion. Well, the thing is, if your going redefine your life and religion, then part of that is redefining God. Which could of course still lead you to no God, but hey at least your not questioning yourself, which is the most important thing.

But that's not what I'm debating here really, I'm only stating that this debate is impossible, since it requires faith in evolution or faith in creation. And everyone can only find faith on their own, it can be told to you.

• sinis
    sinis

God is not god in the absolute sense. Therefore, what was here for life was already present. We were farmed - seeded... read some of the oldest creation stories and then ask yourself if those are "gods" or aliens.

NASA has indicated that their are parallel, multiple Universes, not just this one. I believe Plato when he said that learning is nothing more than past life recollections...

This thread is like a dark room with people blindly walking around and bumping into each other. There are small pin pricks of light (truth) shining through the wall. Most people can't see it.

Anything can be said to be true if we focus on what we don't know. Just insert your own explanation and continue to walk around blindly. Let us focus on what we know to be true and the answers will make themselves known. 1 + 1 = 2.

Does anyone here get flu shots? Is one flu shot enough? Why not? Who is scared of the bird flu?

Where did we come from? Nature speaks to us, we only have to listen. DNA has a voice of its own.

Is the Bible from God or is it ancient Hebrew mythology? If we perform proper exegesis the Bible tells us.

Let us not make our own conclusions. We only have to listen.

• maximumtool
    maximumtool

I will admit that I am confused by what you are trying to say with your post. To start:

Anything can be said to be true if we focus on what we don't know. Just insert your own explanation and continue to walk around blindly. Let us focus on what we know to be true and the answers will make themselves known. 1 + 1 = 2.

This is not correct. Focusing on what we dont know does not allow us to label something as true. We can label something as true based on forming a hypothesis around a fact, and then testing the hypothesis. From the results of these tests, we can then determine something to be true. It is focusing on what we can determine that can cause us to reasonably determine that something is true. You do not insert an explanation and then walk around blindly. You come up with a hypothesis and test it. Based on the results you either refine the hypothesis, accept it, or you move on.

Does anyone here get flu shots? Is one flu shot enough? Why not? Who is scared of the bird flu?

I dont get flu shots. One flu shot may be enough, or none, or more. It depends on your immune system, age and other factors. I am not scared or worried about the bird flu. Bird flu itself is not that scary to humans. It is a mutated bird flu virus, in an animal like a pig that harbors flu virus' without getting sick, that swaps genes with a human flu virus that creates a human flu virus with bird flu characteristics that is scary. That is the truth about the flu, and that comes from focusing on what we know.

Where did we come from? Nature speaks to us, we only have to listen. DNA has a voice of its own.

Is the Bible from God or is it ancient Hebrew mythology? If we perform proper exegesis the Bible tells us.

These two sentences together are contradictory. Nature does speak to us, and it tells us something different regarding our origins then the bible tells us. So which do you listen to?

Let us not make our own conclusions. We only have to listen.

We should make conclusions based on evidence, not what we "listen" to. Humans have a very poor track record of hearing anything but that which that want to...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit