How did God do it?

by nicolaou 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

Hi maximumtool,

You are excellent. You are one of the small pin pricks of light that I spoke of. If you re read what I said I think you will find that we are in total agreement.

You started your reply with one of the most intelligent things that can be said. “I will admit that I am confused.” This admission no doubt led you out of the dark room of creationism.

Anything can be said to be true if we focus on what we don't know. Just insert your own explanation and continue to walk around blindly. (creationism)

Let us focus on what we know to be true and the answers will make themselves known. 1 + 1 = 2. (evolution)

Is one flu shot enough?
    (no, we are advised to get new flu vaccinations due to evolution of the virus)

Who is scared of the bird flu?
    (many people who reject evolution are scared that the bird flu may one day transfer to humans, this requires evolution)

Where did we come from? Nature speaks to us, we only have to listen. DNA has a voice of its own.

Is the Bible from God or is it ancient Hebrew mythology? If we perform proper exegesis the Bible tells us.

Do you still think these two statements are contradictory? Nature tells us the truth. The Bible speaks to us too, it says, “Hello, I’m ancient Hebrew mythology, the Earth is flat”.

You said, “we should make conclusions based on evidence, not what we "listen" to”.

My definition of “listening” is this: Conclusions based on evidence.

Unfortunately many people are deaf. The good news is that the hearing can be restored.

Oh yeah, I think you should change your name from maximumtool to maximumtruth.

• sinis
    sinis

Your not looking deep enough. Keep searching and you soon realize all is not what it seems...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Your not looking deep enough. Keep searching and you soon realize all is not what it seems...

This is one of those bullshit statements that masquerades as insightful when in fact it says bugger all!

Nic'

(just a little pissed off today, so don't start on me)

Hi sinis,

Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure how I can look any deeper, could you point me in the right direction?

• ecuador
    ecuador

Sorry, but the evolution of a virus does not prove that an animal can evolve from one animal to another. It is still a virus. Changes do happen within species, but there is no evidence of any species changing to another species. Is it possible that evolutionary scientists are so against the idea of the existence of a God that they are blinded to any evidence that points to intelligent design?

Hi ecuador, I hope you are well.

You said, “sorry (arrogance), but the evolution of a virus does not prove that an animal can evolve from one animal to another”.

This is true, I am in total agreement. I used the virus as an example to demonstrate that the process of evolution is real.

You said, “changes do happen within species”. This is correct.

You said, “there is no evidence of any species changing to another species”.
    This is incorrect. DNA tells us that all life forms share a common ancestor. All evidence supports this.

You asked, “is it possible that evolutionary scientists are so against the idea of the existence of a God that they are blinded to any evidence that points to intelligent design?”

This is a common misconception that many creationists have. It is not a possibility. Science follows the evidence to wherever it leads. Sometimes individual scientists do not, e.g. creationists. Many will start with their conclusion of intelligent design and then look for evidence to support it. This is a very foolish thing to do. At present there is no evidence for intelligent design.

• moshe
    moshe

Atoms are not dead- electrons move around a nucleus. Maybe your definition of dead matter and life is just sematics or just the viewer's opinion.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

i have been researching the whole IT vs Evolution thing, as well as alot of Christian VS Atheists debates, and what i have found is that for the most part everyone on both sides is very disrespectful to each other. the Christians say stuff like Hitler was an Atheist, and then the Atheist will say that the prisons are filled with Christians. Then alot of mocking and disrespect. And also each side talks in absolutes. When it comes down to it, no one can claim to know for sure the truth, and it seems to take just as much faith in the unexplainable to believe either one. so why cant we just be respectful and instead of telling each other how wrong we are, why cant we both walk down the path to truth together and try to figure this all out. also, one final note, if Christians could come off this ridiculous "inerrant" argument, that is not even Scriptural, they will be taken more seriously. You cant tell a scientist that the devil planted fossils to trick us, or that the earth is 6 or 7,000 years old. You mine as well claim the sky is red.

• ecuador
    ecuador

2050, if you can't see the possibility of the existence of a creator in the nature around us, it is because you have deliberately shut out that possibility. You cannot prove the relationship of all life from similarities in DNA. It just isn't scientific proof. Scientific proof requires that a theory be repeated, showing the same results. We simply do not have scientific proof, yet evolutionary scientists will refuse to consider an intelligent designer for all the design we see all around us. Is there, in your opinion, any possibility at all that God could exist, or do you refuse to consider that as a viable option?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit