How did God do it?

by nicolaou 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Evolutionists are always called on to explain how a complicated organ like an eye could have come about "by chance" - as if any scientist ever claimed that's what happened. But there are shelves of books in your library that will explain the process of natural selection, some are written so simply that a child can grasp the basic concept. You don't have to accept it but at least an explanation is offered.

Now how about God?

How did He create the eye or trees or giraffes or people? The only reference to the creative process in the Bible is that "God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul". Not much detail offered there.

Why do religious folk not feel a little embarrassed that they have so little to offer up as an explanation? To say "I don't know" when asked how God did it all is at least an honest answer and one I can respect if only the same attitude could be extended to the rest of us!

I've been called stupid for believing that life originated from non-living matter, if I cannot offer a convincing explanation for how it happened then that apparently blows all of evolutionary theory out of the water! What a joke.

C'mon, how did God create life from non-living matter?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

hmmm . . no takers

• Satanus
    Satanus

He hooked up the eveready energizer bunny to the dirt, and viola, life! Ever since then, god has been sorry, most of the time.

S

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

By using his ‘Dynamic energy’……..???? (Isaiah 40:26)

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Creationists only seek to include supernatural acts into science.

They don't bother about the scientific method.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I've been called stupid for believing that life originated from non-living matter,

Often the argument is put forth that there are all these incalculably astronomical odds against our universe being the way it is in regards to its physical properties, and therefore there must be unseen intelligent forces that were involved in the creation of it. But, I would ask, how does positing the existence of such intelligent forces make the odds more palatable? It really only increases the odds, because then it changes the question from "what are the odds of these things having happened without any intelligent forces guiding them" to "what are the odds that an intelligent being could have come into existence and that could have conceived of all of these things and had the means at its disposal to make them happen?"

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

This will explain how some parts of the human anatomy were made…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c84onEG44eQ

• megs
    megs

This topic hurts my head to think about! So there COULD potentially be a creator, like some master computer programmer somewhere that designed all of this madness. However that begets the question of where did the creator come from! That entity must've started somewhere... Achhhh, I can not think about this, it is too big for my wee brain to comprehend...

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

A Divine Being --
    composed of purest energy.
    The Grand Creator
    of all
    Matter and Energy,
    actually,
    and Great Architect
    of the myriad rules
    that govern their behavior;
    My Savior!
    Supreme Lord over all
    their many manifestations,
    and incarnations,
    and permutations.
    Space and Time
    are also commanded,
    obeying without question --
    Why don't we?
    Cloaks of conformity
    are swiftly shed
    and unceremoniously dismissed.
    Revelation:
    by sincere divination,
    the True Nature
    of
    The Divine --
    revealed!
    Previously concealed,
    from the masses,
    at last it is
    unveiled
    and hailed:
    "Heaven and Earth --
    Do show yourselves,
    and your true Worth."

• donny
    donny
    So there COULD potentially be a creator, like some master computer programmer somewhere that designed all of this madness.

Yes, and will all of the errors and viruses, it has all the markings of a Microsoft product.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit