Who Killed The Electric Car?

by chrisjoel 56 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisjoel
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

That was quite and interesting video....oil company's control way too much...

h4o

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have been wanting to watch the movie, and this thread made me research into the allegations. The EV1 seems to have been a viable car that people enjoyed driving. GM claims it could not be profitable, yet the figures indicate otherwise. Certainly with todays petrol prices and huge advances over the last decade in battery technology, there is no reason for GM not to continue to develop this car and release it to the market. The "oil crisis" is motivated solely by corporate greed.

• justhuman
    justhuman

That is an amazing film, I saw it long time ago anyway...it seems that Oil Companies killed the electric car...I will personaly purchased soon an electric car a very good one, and to HELL the Oil Companies, and Bush who is pawn of the interest of the Capitalists

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

The Electric Car is not dead (although GM is definitely on life support at this stage).

http://www.zenncars.com/

Dave

• Priest73
    Priest73

Who cares?

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Is the Electric Car dead? No. Therefore, nobody killed it.

Dave

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The American People killed it - not big oil. Middle America likes it SUVs and, pick up trucks and Hummers. If people bought the electric car in droves they would have continued to sell it because it would have made money. You can blame Big Oil all you want - it is what people buy that drives markets. That is why Gasoline in my opinion needs to remain at 4 dollars a gallon so people will start to change their driving habits.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Changing our driving habits is not necessary when the technology is there for better mileage. Make more fuel efficient engines to power those SUV's and trucks, that is what we need.

There is plenty of oil, it is simply corporate greed that is keeping the prices inflated.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I say we start drilling for oil on teenager's foreheads.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit