Skin Color Doesn't Matter

by hamilcarr 51 Replies latest social current

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's called genetics

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    What do you mean that parents of one color can have a child a totally different color and it happens all the time? I've not heard of that other than a case of adultery.

Genetics experts say that in most cases a mixed-race woman’s eggs will be a mixture of genes for both black and white skin.

However,much more rarely, the eggs may contain genes for predominantly one skin colour. In this case, Ms Knight has released two such eggs - one with predominantly dark pigmentation genes and one with predominantly fair genes.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What do you mean that parents of one color can have a child a totally different color and it happens all the time? I've not heard of that other than a case of adultery.

It happens among latin americans all the time. Children of the same parents will have widely differing skin colors. It is because of mixed ancestry. Latinos are much more mixed than gringos. There are a wider range of combinations that can express in the offspring. I suspect this happens to American Afros for the same reasons. BTS

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I thought in this case it's genetics that prevents this from happening. Are you saying that a black couple could have a white child or vice versa? Or are you saying that the skin tone can vary when you say "a totally different color"?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Genetics experts say that in most cases a mixed-race woman’s eggs will be a mixture of genes for both black and white skin.

In my extended family our ancestry is mixed, we are not wholely african. So the the children in my family are a wide range of colors from very light to dark, some can even pass for white. I think of the terms of "black" and "white" to be extremely superficial, it does not cover and do justice or explain what someone's ancestry is.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If the genes are there, dark parents can have light children and vice versa. The genes you see expressed aren't the only ones carried by a person. You may be brown eyed and procreate with a brown eyed, yet have a blue eyed child. You carried the different genes, even if they were not expressed. It became expressed in the next generation.

http://www.accessexcellence.org/RC/VL/GG/recessive.php

BTS

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I suspect this happens to American Afros for the same reasons. BTS

You got it. Very dark-skinned Black people can have very light-skinned children, or vice-versa.

Or are you saying that the skin tone can vary when you say "a totally different color"?

Skin tone in American Black people can vary from ebony to ivory, thanks to the donations of American Whites.

Sylvia

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    umm one of these types of stories was a complete farce, which is depressing, but it is no surprise that something like this can happen -- as a matter of fact, i learned it from a WTBTS article, o irony

Well there you go! That's what happens when you get your information from the WTBTS it's usually WRONG!

nj

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Beautiful! Those babies are all so sweet.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

My sister-in-law's daughter had a blonde hair blue-eyed baby. She was in the store and had the baby in the cart. She is a brown-skinned woman. I asked her whos baby is that? She said mine. Then I asked is his father White; and she said no. My bestfriend had a blonde hair blue-eyed baby too. I wasn't as suprised by hers because my bestfriend is light-skinned. She liked to go to the beach to get tans! ROFLMAO!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit