So, someone clue me in.

by Blasty 42 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Welcome Blasty..Yes,it`s a real mixed bag here..People who still attend meetings,people who will never go back..People who have never been JW`s..ect..ect.....................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Blasty!

Jump right in, the water's fine. All kinds here and don't let anyone tell you what it's all about. That's for you to decide,....

:)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Welcome to the board, Blasty.

I agree with your accessment.

If you ever figure out whats going on let us know.

I mean as far as God, creation, evolution, atheism.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Welcome to the Real World!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Welcome Blasty

I'm an atheist Buddhist who sings in the United Church choir! And I'm not even df'd and my JW's still associate with me (although not much). And I didn't lie one time! How's that for the perfect fade! I should usurp Blondie as queen of the fade!

Cog

• Metamorphosis
    Metamorphosis

Welcome Blasty.

I'm newly out after being in 30+ years; basically raised in it. I came to the same conclusions you did that no one organized religion holds all the answers. I also have to deal w/ family and friends that can't open their eyes to a more accepting God. I think God expects certian things from us but gives us some leeway as well. Feel free to PM me or click on my name to get to the links to my posts and story. Best wishes in your journey.

Morph

• done4good
    done4good

Hi Blasty!

All types here...personally I'm agnostic/borderline atheist, but I gave up trying to convince others to think like I do a long time ago.

At the end of the day, if you search through the information here, you will ahead of the WT game by a long shot, no matter what path you choose. I went through many changes in my personal belief system after I left the WT, and it took a while to come to the conslusions I finally came to.

j

p.s. Don't be too quick to find "all of the answers" though. They will come in time.

• lavendar
    lavendar

Hi Blasty! Glad you found this site. Lots of info here. I've never been a JW, but my son has fallen prey to the WTS. So, I visit here to keep informed about what's going on within the WTS and to learn all I can.

Hope you can help your loved ones escape the WTS.....just as you have.

All the best to you,

Lavendar

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Hi Blasty,

I guess you already have got the idea that there are a lot of religious people on the board.

In fact there are quite few active JW's who are regular posters, so the variety is certainly here.

I am keeping an open mind myself, and consider myself in "discovery mode", but the it doesn't look good for any organized religion right now, especially the JWs.

The Oracle

• bobld
    bobld

When I read the O/T of the Bible it's like todays News A whole lot of killing, corruption.The Head guy of the O/T Gov't was NOT a nice fellow.I do like what his Son had to say in the N/T.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit