So, someone clue me in.

by Blasty 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to JWD Blasty!

• Blasty
    Blasty

cool, yeah I saw some stuff in Tech support, apparently a refresh issue of some sort, okie doke.

• trevor
    trevor

Blasty

This is a site where people come to dip their toes and then pour out their grief at having been duped by the WT society. Then to help advise and comfort others who follow.

Finally we show off and massage our egos. No, I'm not cynical just realistic and happy to be here.

Come in and enjoy the water but put your beliefs in a locker before you take the plunge - it's scary ride!

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

Welcome BLASTY!

I have to admit (shamefully) that I have been here for a while now and only just realised that the 'Active Topics' was at the top and is the easiest way to track new threads .

This site is whatever you want it to be. Rant, meet new friends, find out the truth about the Borg...whatever. It is supposed to be free from judgement also, so say whatever you feel! (within reason)

Much Love

Rob

• Blasty
    Blasty

yeah, i'm finding some interesting reads on this site already. I threw out a lot of my beliefs along time ago, and started from scratch. And by scratch I mean, I had to first answer "do i believe in God", which yes I do.

• yknot
    yknot

Welcome Blasty to JWD.

Yep mixed bag but all having the common bond of dealing with the WTS.

I just left, I still have some major issues with the WTS (but not many R&F)

Recovery has stages.....

• flipper
    flipper

BLASTY- Welcome to the board ! My wife and I welcome you ! I was raised in the witnesses ; got out about 5 years ago at age 44. I too don't believe in any religion, consider myself a agnostic/atheist in the making so lots of people on board here agree with you on the religion thing. Look forward to having you and more thoughts from you ! You will get lots of support here friend ! Take care ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome, many here are in various stages of transition. I am not agnostic if you must give it a name. I'm not convinced of anything. I am sure though that there is no organized religion necessary for a relationship with the creator if there is one. This is an XJW site predominantly. There are those who come to debate, but don't last long. Congratulations on your clarity of thought, it too some of us many years to gain the courage to act on that sort of thought. W.Once

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum. I'm grew up JW, eventually turned agnostic and then atheist. You shouldn't have any "problem" with me, even though we may see things from different points of view. I simply choose not to believe in a deity, and will tell you why if asked. But I won't try to dissuade you personally (although I may occasionally state on the forum things that may sound disssuasive to some). The important thing is freedom to believe (or not), and that's what we have now that we' ve left that high-controlling society behind us.

• whitman
    whitman

Hi Blasty, welcome aboard. As everyone else has already said, there are very wide ranging beliefs and scepticisms held by the people on this forum. What might be of some assistance to you is the chance to discuss some of the issues you might face since your some of your family are still active. Glad you are here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit