Am I over the hill?

by John Doe 81 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Welcome to Kicks Exceptional Shoes! We hope you enjoy your shopping experience, and come back to visit often! We are always available to answer any questions. Happy Shoe Shopping!

Jackie, Amanda, Jessie and Whitney

2921 Devine Street Columbia, SC 29205 803.254.3937

5175 Sunset Boulevard Ste 9 Lexington, SC 29072 803.957.9982

Join the Kicks Newsletter Here!

Be the first to know about sales, events, new arrivals!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm sure C. Zeta Jones could read the ingredients of yogurt and you'd find it sexy.

I suspect you're right!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

The term "kicks" was being tossed around when I was in high school. It annoyed me then. Some terms are just too annoying to be cool, and "kicks" is one of them. These annoying buzz-words do serve a purpose, however. It allows the rest of us to identify our mental inferiors quickly and efficiently. I know, for instance, that if I hear some dullard refer to their footwear as "kicks", there is no need in engaging him or her in any meaningful conversation. I will simply ask that individual to give me french fries with my combo.

On the other hand, I think I have the potential to be super-cool. Therefore, I am going to experiment by comming up with new idiotic names for my footwear. "Foot-holster" is one the comes to mind. How about "walks"? Or "stands"? How about "foot-box"? Or "Toe Condom"? I wonder if any of these will stick?

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I realized that I was listening to talk radio too much and didn't know new songs anymore. It's hard to get back on that boat.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:about 18 years old said "They mean shoes." I was shocked. Lingo that I hadn't heard, and that annoyed the hell out of me. Why don't they just say "shoes" instead of morphing the word "kicks?" Then, I staggered back in my chair and went limp jawed, thinking "Am I over the hill?"

We called shoes "kicks" in the early 1960s. Nothing has changed.

Farkel

• beksbks
    beksbks

Farkel? Are you really that old?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

29? Hell kid...I own socks that are older than you.

Jeff

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

daaaayymn dude. where did you grow up? my kicks were fresh in 85 or earlier. except junior high me wasn't allowed to wear fat flourescent laces because that would have been faddish. can't be a good jw following this old world's fashions. ... I remember this one guy who bought thee freaking UGLIEST clothes from chess king. we all thought he was the coolest but the dults thought he was bad news. ... meh, lingo has a time and place. turn it on turn it off when needed. ... -- n0+ f33£1n' ¡t

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We all go over the hill. When I started out the beatles were cool and the stones were radical.

Now they make music you cant even hum.

• hillbilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit