Am I over the hill?

by John Doe 81 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    define over

Rather than limit the answers, I thought I would let each poster define it for themselves. How about this. At what point in your life did you get the feeling you were becoming out of touch with the younger generation and getting to be over the hill?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

50 is the new 49

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

For myself, I would have to say the defining moment when I knew I was "over" was when my son put his new music CD's in my car and I did not even know who the group was and I hated it and told him to turn that "noise" down! It's been a slippery slope ever since. Also, at the risk of obsessing about my boobs, they are constant visual reminders that I am on the downward slide. Although they seem to be sliding downward faster than the rest of my body. This is where women with little boobs have a distinct advantage!

Coco

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    "Am I over the hill?" Discuss.

No, you're just about the age to be five years past a generation which means there is a new generation coming up on you and they have their own lingo just like we had our lingo, the tail end of the baby boomers. What's happenin', man? Far f$%king out. Dig these crazy threads, Dude. Wanna go get stoned?

Although, I think "dude" hasn't gone out of style yet.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'm still familiar with new music at 44. College radio keeps me in. Where I'm not in is dancing. I don't know the new moves

• John Doe
    John Doe
    What's happenin', man? Far f$%king out. Dig these crazy threads, Dude. Wanna go get stoned?

People were still talking like that when I was in grade school. I don't think I ever used any slang like that--not that I recall.

You got to admit though, calling shoes "kicks" is downright obnoxious!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

obnoxious? hmmmmmm what was the slang in our day?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    You got to admit though, calling shoes "kicks" is downright obnoxious!!!

When I was a chile, kicks meant fun. But not always the healthiest fun. Check this out and see what I mean:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GYeUZJdrTwQ

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

kick in the 80's meant a line of cocaine

8 ball? 8th ounce of coke.

sticky? = weed

x = ecstasy

goofballs = qualudes

crank = crystal meth

shall we go on?

• Warlock
    Warlock