Am I over the hill?

by John Doe 81 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

So, I was sitting in the breakroom at work the other day, drinking a Diet Mountain Dew. On the side it said something about "Win prizes, something else, and kicks!" So, I mused to myself, what do they mean by "kicks?" I sure as hell don't want to be kicked. I asked another coworker, about 50 years old, and he didn't know either.

At this point, a guy on the night crew, about 18 years old said "They mean shoes." I was shocked. Lingo that I hadn't heard, and that annoyed the hell out of me. Why don't they just say "shoes" instead of morphing the word "kicks?" Then, I staggered back in my chair and went limp jawed, thinking "Am I over the hill?" Discuss.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

YES! Discussion over!

• John Doe
    John Doe

Does this mean I can have my mid life crisis now?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yep, and if your are interested, I made my "over the hill" call by the time I got to "diet Mountain Dew".

• John Doe
    John Doe

I've been drinking diet soda since I was 5 years old though.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    Does this mean I can have my mid life crisis now?

You're past that point. It's time to start yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    You're past that point. It's time to start yelling at kids to get off your lawn.

ROFLMAO!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I've been drinking diet soda since I was 5 years old though.

Age is really a state of mind! Oh, and I can't believe your mother let you drink that crap when you were 5! I think it causes brain damage. Ooops, never mind.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

define over

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I think it causes brain damage. Ooops, never mind.

I'm pretty much addicted to the stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit