Am I over the hill?

by John Doe 81 Replies latest jw friends

• White Dove
    White Dove

Unfortunately, "kicks" is not gramatically incorrect as it is a noun not a verb.

"To kick" is a verb. If you can add "the" or "a" before a word, it is a noun.

Dovey, of the "never fit in at school" class.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Unfortunately, "kicks" is not gramatically incorrect as it is a noun not a verb

Nope, can't agree with you. I know that kicks can be a noun, but it does not have to be one. I.e.

John Doe kicks your ball.

I just don't like it used in place of shoes.

• dinah
    dinah

It helps to have teenagers around, you learn alot.

If you're over the hill, then I must have one foot in my grave.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kicks..Thats been around awhile..........Your not over the hill..Just out of touch..............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• John Doe
    John Doe

I recall Catherine Zeta Jones in the movie "The Haunting" talking about her expensive shoes, and she says "Cost $400, but it's worth it for these savage kicks!!!" or something like that. It didn't occur to me she was using a pop phrase. Funny, when she said it I found it to be sexy, even though I hate the phrase and the movie was terrible. ;-)

• compound complex
    compound complex

JD:

My g'pa called shoes "kicks" when I was a little guy. And he's now under a hill and I'm over it (more so than youse).

All right?

CoCo

• John Doe
    John Doe

Co Co, why the big font?

I wonder if the kicks thing is regional.

• compound complex
    compound complex

JD:

Font: Can't see.

Regional: Will research.

Thanks!

CoCo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, I felt over the hill when I was discussing John F. Kennedy with a friend and her teenage son said, "who was he? Oh yeah, he was a president or something."

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm sure C. Zeta Jones could read the ingredients of yogurt and you'd find it sexy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit