Why On Earth Did YOU Ever Become a JW???

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

Born in, 3rd generation (on my dad's side)

My dad's mom, is an old school UBER DUB, she still believes in the 1914 doctrine for god's sake. She suspects everyone of being a child abuser, yet not anyone in the Borg... She is bat shit crazy these days... She believes EVERYTHING that the Borg teaches... Luckily she is advancing in age, she will die a witness, I guarantee it. However my dad is now an elder, and he's spent almost all his life doing it. He has his moments where he's expressed doubt and concern, but I doubt he ever leaves the Borg.

• Mincan
    Mincan

The birth canal led me straight there.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Everytime I see this thread I have to answer.

I'm still kicking my ass for becoming a JW!

• blondie
    blondie

It's not that I didn't look at other religions, LDS, 7th Day Adventists, Catholicism, Lutheran. I just couldn't get past the trinity belief and I couldn't see being part of a religion with a major teaching I couldn't support. In the end I left not because of doctrines but the lying and the hypocrisy in every congregation I ever attended. Now I believe that organized religion of any type has a built in flaw.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I was born in and didn't know any different!!

No one can believe that I actually was a JW now!!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

you've heard of gamaliel? my grandma is the female version. hard as a coffin nail. loves her god. would shed blood for her god. i am her most prized human. she gave me everything that she had to give when i was a kid. that led to me being baptized at age 9. she was so goddamned proud. she could pass the reigns of our family to me, the new spiritual leader. this was something that i took super seriously. that is until the stress of it made me physically ill and i knew that jesus yoke wasnt kindly or light. but i was still a coward. i took the easy way out. boobs. big beautiful, triple D, perky for their size boobs. and they were wonderful. then i started reading the bible with the owner of those boobs and my mind begin to free itself from the chains of the religion. damn. those were some nice boobs. too bad they ended up being attached to a bitch. but hey bitch? thanks for planting the seeds of doubt. big ups. tell your boobs hi for me.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

There were so many things about JW's that I found attractive: being among the chosen; the seeming wholesomeness and moral purity of the dubs; the possibility of never having to die; the evolution-vs.-creation issue (I was bright but uneducated and naive and the Creation book had me *totally* convinced); the fact that joining JW's was an act of wholesale rebellion against my Catholic upbringing; political neutrality; women in subjection, I could go on.

• JK666
    JK666

I was born in also. But from the time I reached adulthood, I knew something was terribly wrong. I just couldn't put my finger on it. I felt like they were a tuxedo, and I was a pair of brown shoes.

I had to leave before realizing that it was the other way around!

JK

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It seemed like a good idea at the time -it was early 1980s and Ronald Reagan was threatening Armageddon -so I got baptised

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Yeah……!! why on earth did I ever become a JW……???

I think I will just leave that as a rhetorical question….the answer is too painful…….

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit