Why On Earth Did YOU Ever Become a JW???

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My excuse: born in it and stayed in way too long.

Your reason???

• Priest73
    Priest73

My mom made be. bitch.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I'm the same as you. I was born into it. But I got out when I was 15.

Both my parents are dead now. I'm trying to figure out how THEY got into it. I'd love to see some answers on here.

• Priest73
    Priest73

hey! and I'm from Georgia too. must be something in the water.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I was NEVER a JW in Georgia. I moved here after I graduated college. Yes, I "insisted" on going to college. Like I said, I was out when I was 15 and I demanded as "normal" a life as I could get.

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

No choice--born into it. 3rd generation at that!

My folks were born in.

I figured out the religion was crap when I was a kid.

My whole *&^%$ family are JWs! Aunts (except 1), uncles (except 1), cousins....just about everyone in my family are JWs.

I hate this cult.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

My mum was brianwashed..."and loving it." So she guilted me as a kid into Joining the Jehoovers.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I have one grandmother (deceased) that was JW. I currently have 3 aunts , one uncle and numerous cousins that are still JWs. I have not seen any of my cousins in years. I have some contact with my aunts and uncle but I don't talk about JW stuff. If they bring it up I may listen politely but I do nothing to encourage conversation in that direction. I have never had to be rude to them. I think they truly want to maintain a relationship with me because I am family. They do not want to drive me away. I guess I am lucky in that sense. They all live in another state so I don't see them very often.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Not exactly born in, but still a child...made to feel VERY privileged that we, of all people on this earth, had a direct pipeline to what God REQUIRED of us and again, only we, of all people on earth, were IN LINE to SURVIVE the impending holocaust called ARMAGEDDON - vividly remember the examples of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego not capitulating when facing persecution...so actually felt CHOSEN - I wonder what kind of persecution complex people have to have already latent in order to latch on to this kind of 'religion' when it comes knocking on the door...anyhow, 40+ years later, GLAD TO SEE THE LIGHT!

I am so encouraged by this most recent influx of newbies; I hope the tide is turning and more and more are waking up and becoming EX JW's, surviving to tell the tale!

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Born in here...

My parents both became witnesses as young adults, before they met each other. My maternal grandmother was not a dub, but her father was - he was one of the "early bible students" as my mother loves to say, and he gave a "millions now living will never die" talk. I am not sure if that makes me a second or third generation.

I got out, soon after I left school, but truly, my heart was never in it as a kid.

I often wonder "What if?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit