Why On Earth Did YOU Ever Become a JW???

by minimus 58 Replies latest jw friends

• jacethespace
    jacethespace

Im always up for a laugh and i was bored at the time.

• free2think
    free2think

Was born in to it, but didn't really get it.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I answered the door when I was 9 on a saturday morning while watching cartoons....had to get back to scooby doo and a nice bowl of lucky charms, so I yelled "MMMoooooMMM, somebody here" - I should have just said, "we're not interested!" - bummer!

• yknot
    yknot

Born.... Stayed until yall gave me the magic get out of jail card!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I give up...why?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

It seem like a good idea at the time... Actually I was born in. My mother was raised a JW, she was baptised at 16. My dad joined when he was 25, he just came back from a mission in the UN army I guess he like being told what to do and he needed a highly structured environment.

• dinah
    dinah

Born into it, so I wasn't given a choice.

My great-great-grandparents were actually bible students way back before Da Judge changed their name. Every one of my great-grandmothers sisters were Witnesses, and most of their kids are too. They skipped my grandmother and caught my Mom. She was baptised, if I'm correct, when I was just a few months old.

I have distant relatives (cousins and such) scattered all over Alabama, Tennessee and Georgia who could be still in. Of course, I haven't heard from any of them in years, which is fine with me.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I was born in JW.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Born into it, 3rd generation. Baptized at 11.

• Casper
    Casper

Converted at age 28....

My then husband had committed suicide, they gave me the "impression" that I would see him again in the resurrection. (imagine my surprise, when that was clarified after baptism... ).

We had been studied with off and on prior to that event for appox. 2 years. Hubby joined the AF and we moved to OK. Sh*t hit the fan, and upon returning, the JWs again sought me out.

With the trauma and frame of mind at the time, I was an easy target.....

Woke up 13 years later......

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit