Should I go to the elders about the affair?

by weeone 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

No. Move on. W.Once Oh, yeah, welcome.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

No, do not go to any elders about your affair. Leave that cult for good. Do not look back. Go on with your life. Get some counseling. Evaluate your own life and your actions. His wife called you a skank. Are you? I think you need to think about it. Become a better person but don't think that will happen by being a JW. Make new friends that aren't skanks.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

As evidenced by your posting of this situation, you may have just needed to get this off your chest. If this is where you came to vent you are probably no different than most others here. But there is no need to stir the pot and less of a need to get some elders leaking info to their wives who will then make this guys life more miserable than it already is (I only assume misery if he still goes to meetings).

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

No, Hellno. Three examples.

I know a sister that fell away because of her abusive husband. She never was df'd but she "cooled off". She left him and moved across the country and mo0ved in with and began an affair with a man. When she talked to me about it, I asked a former elder who said it was not necessary to inform anyone of it if she either married the guy or stopped it and began her way back "in" to the organization.

My wife's brother has been married over 25 years to a very materialistic sister. He never earns enough, the house is never enough for hwer and so on....So at about the 20 year mark she began screwing her boss. At work, in the car at lunch, at his home, at hotels....Like rabbits these two. Well it got to her and she felt guilty about deceiving her hubby. They didn't go to the elders. She went to him and to Jehovah and he forgave her...end of story.

My case is a little more lurid. My wife was "Born In" and I was raised in it since age 6. We married and dabbled in group sex and a little swinging while both active jw's. We did it with another jw couple who I can attest to are more discreet than the slave! LOL They have said nothing and he is still a po and she is still a regular pioneer.

Confession and Forgiveness are accomplished thru prayer and between husband and wife and God and Christ.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I agree totally with the consensus. It sounds like they are trying to make their marriage work for the children. He may very well even be pretending to believe for the children. Don't mess with that. Don't make life harder on those kids than it has to be. Just move on and stop screwing married men.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    He wasn't that great in bed but that is beside the point -we were having an affair! It became exciting, finding places to have sex, at the beach, the lake and in his bed he shared with [T].

He wasn't that good but you found it exciting. ROTLMAO

Girl, you need to get over yourself and admit you loooove gett'in that dck.

Hey Gamers out there... That is classic ASD!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

No. and don't go to his wife. Go directly to a psychologist and do not pass Go. You don't get any rewards for screwing a married man.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk
    Sleeping with a married man does make you a skank, so I guess his wife had a point.

Spot on.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Not that I think it's smart to sleep with married men, but why does everyone blame the other woman? She didn't make any vows to anyone. He's the one who broke his vows. It's his responsibility to make sure he keeps them not hers.

As for the rest of it, I agree with everyone else. It sounds like you just want revenge because he chose his wife over you. Walk away and move on. Besides your plan will probably backfire. He was df'd so will probably get a pass, you are not, so once you make yourself known to elders, you are the one who will get df'd.

• lola28
    lola28

Cog,

You have a valid point, but she's still a skank. It takes balls to sit next to the man you are sleeping with and his wife! I mean by god does she have no morals? And if it makes you feel any better, he is a man whore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit