AFTER 25+ YEARS, finally my stepdad gets a JC

by crazyblondeb 83 Replies latest members private

• dinah
    dinah

Shelley, I remember the night you called that creep's PO. That PO seems like he actually has some common sense. You did a good thing. Hopefully he is on "the list", if he wasn't before at least maybe he is now.

IMHO, there shouldn't be a statute of limitations on molesting children.

• changeling
    changeling

Good for you! It seems your stepdad has finally landed in a cong. that is reasonable and realistic. I hope they do the right thing.

changeling :)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I think the days of the Watchterror swiping things under the rug are slowly coming to an end, too much media coverage now.

• chickpea
    chickpea

sufffer the little children....

someone should explain that bit of scripture to the WTS

good on you for pushing the issue!
    i hope your recovery is well along

• BFD
    BFD

Well done, CrazyB.

Please let us know whatever the outcome is of the JC. It's been a long time coming.

I am glad you can forgive him. I am not sure I could ever do the same.

Love ya!

BFD

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

I don't know how long the "list" has been around, but I'm hoping my dad is on it!

I wrote a letter to him and his body of elders. I haven't had any contact with them since.

I did hear through the grapevine that he stepped down from being an elder after I sent the letter.

I also know that since I am df'd and (omg) gay, I'm the crazy one in the family and I'm avoided like the pleague! YYAAYY for me!!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

FWIW I'm proud of you for seeing this through and making sure this asshole never hurts another kid. Thank you for all of us that have been through this.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Way to go Shelley! I'm proud of you girl for doing what you have here! Protecting children is of the utmost importance! I hope the PO will keep you informed of what's happening.

BB

• snowbird
    snowbird

That is some good news.

You did yourself proud.

Sylvia

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

You have done everything right in this matter (since the time he abused you!). I always knew you were awesome. I hope he is removed from any perceived authority over his congregation, and I am glad they have been made aware of him.

I thought the whole POINT of the list is that it is to protect the cong. If his fellow ELDERS don't even know, then I guess that tells you how effective their LIST is in keeping the congregation clean.

I am thrilled to know that the elders in his current congregation are not ignoring your concerns or statements.

They are not all assholes. Scuse my language:)

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit