I think I made "The List"

by RR 47 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And I hope one or both of them end up turning apostate after that.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

The elder's angry reaction was probably due to the fact the JWs have been losing members to the Bible Student associations since the 1960s. Since the JWs are a break-away from the Bible Students the Witnesses are the real apostates and anti-Christ by their own definition.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

RR
    Nice!!
    After all the discussion time
    Antichrist
    Programmed response
    Divert attention from rational thinking
    Resort to buzz words and catch phrases
    "She turned and looked back"
    No pillar of salt huh
    Maybe at least she will think
    Hope so
    Beautiful job

• amicus
    amicus

Your story had me chuckling RR until I read this.

Man, that is pretty rude of that elder

That was pretty darn rude of him. He comes to your door takes 2 hours of your time and then calls you names. Amazing.

• passive suicide
    passive suicide

Again I have to say..... The way that bro used the term 'You're the Anti-christ!' in the story IS NOT the way witnesses use that term, and would NOT have said that to ANYONE.......They believe it is not for them to judge....and would never have said that to anyone.... so again....BULLSHIT....sorry. Even Blondies quotes don't save this story.....and believe me .....I always love Blondies comments.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It doesn't surprise me that the elder used the term anti-Christ. I remember a number of the older JWs would use similar terms for the Bible Students. The most common term they liked to use was "Evil Slave." Some of these long time JWs had lived through the Watchtower's civil war of 1917-1919 and could say only hateful things about their former brothers and sisters the Bible Students.

• TheListener
    TheListener

when flustered and embarrassed people can and do say some pretty off the wall stuff.

What's so unusual about an embarrassed and flustered elder calling someone the anti-christ?

I wouldn't have said it - I would have left as soon as my scriptural knowledge was shown up the first time. In the car group I would have said you must be apostate and then marked your door down as a do not call.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

*** w55 6/15 p. 359 Identifying the Antichrist ***Further, all professed Christians who have apostatized, who exalt themselves, who manifest the spirit of rebellion or who show hatred to their Christian brothers are properly termed antichrists

Who abandoned the teachings of Charles Taze Russell (after they abandoned the teachings
    of mainstream Christianity earlier)? The Jehovah's Witnesses did. Not someone else.

Who exalt themselves as "the truth" or as God's representatives on earth or as God's
    mouthpiece, much of their older literature claiming they are a prophet? The Jehovah's Witnesses.

Who show hatred for their Christian brothers? Who says that all other Christians are part of
    Babylon the Great, an empire of false religion led by Satan? Who calls all other Christians by
    the term "Christendom" with a negative connotation to it? The Jehovah's Witnesses.

What pot is calling any kettle black? The Jehovah's Witnesses. There's your antichrists.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

When attempts logic and reason fail - play the 'Poo-Poo Head' card.

Arguments with JWs never get anywhere. They will change the subject when the facts cannot be refuted. And when they cannot change to anymore subjects, or their service time is up, they resort to name-calling. In my experience, 'goat', 'apostate', 'evil slave', 'blinded to truth', and 'hard-hearted' are tops of the name calling list. Poo-Poo Head was just for fun. I don't think I've heard a JW actually call someone in service that to their face.

-Aude.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

RR good one, you made the dimwit elder look like shit and the young girl witnessed it all.

What are the chances that my address is now listed on the back of the territory card's do not call list?

You should be so lucky, I know of a lot people that want to be on that list

Pat yourself on the back and posibly give yourself a hug at the same time..........Homey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit