Dropped from my Bible Study like a hot potato

by navytownroger 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gerard
    Gerard

Howcome it took you one year to question the WT?

• brofromzion
    brofromzion

navytownroger said " I had a Bible Study with a Jehovah's Witness for the past year and a half. I was also attending meetings, but never went out in field service. During a recent study, I told the conductor that I didn't believe in the 'Annointed' & didn't believe the FDS had a 'hotline' to Jehovah. I also said why should we believe what the Watchtower says since it will change in a few years, and why do people give canned answers during the Watchtower study. I objected to people not thinking for themselves. I said I felt that Jesus is the mediator for ALL people, not just the 144,000. He really had no answers to my comments, but thanked me for bringing it up. Then the next few weeks he didn't call or show up for the Bible Study. Once he & a CO dropped by to invite me to the CO's talk (which I didn't go to). He said something about having 'health problems'. Then the following week no call about Bible Study. Apparently I was dropped like a hot potato when I started asking hard questions about the Organization & the doctrines. Has anyone else had a similar experience or heard of a similar occurance?" That's quite interesting. As a matter of fact it's true. I have only been in this forum not even 3 months and I have posted things that I learned in the Bible. Jehovah Witnesses seems to "avoid hard questions" and couldn't accept the truth of the Bible. If they say they are the true church that Jesus built in His foundation, why they can't answer questions which is from the Bible? In person, I talked to them and when they say that the Bible said it, I show what I learned in the Bible and they can't answer it. Clearly the Bible testifies that the true activity from God will not fail. Acts 5:38-39 [ 38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.] The Bible speaks itself. Jehovah Witness is a false church.

• darlingbird
    darlingbird

Hi Vinny, i am new here and have been reading these postings with horror.Are these experiences as jw typical or extraordinary? I am not a jw but tht they were harmless & well intentioned.This all points to cult!?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

WELCOME DarlingBird!

Keep reading... and you will be able to determine for yourself. I will just say this... on a check-list for cult behavior... they have a very high score.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

navytownroger:

Welcome! Have nothing more to do with this cult. They have seen that you use your mind and question things. They will have nothing more to do with you. I'm sorry that happened to you but you have friends that completely understand here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit