Dropped from my Bible Study like a hot potato

by navytownroger 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• navytownroger
    navytownroger

I had a Bible Study with a Jehovah's Witness for the past year and a half. I was also attending meetings, but never went out in field service. During a recent study, I told the conductor that I didn't believe in the 'Annointed' & didn't believe the FDS had a 'hotline' to Jehovah. I also said why should we believe what the Watchtower says since it will change in a few years, and why do people give canned answers during the Watchtower study. I objected to people not thinking for themselves. I said I felt that Jesus is the mediator for ALL people, not just the 144,000. He really had no answers to my comments, but thanked me for bringing it up. Then the next few weeks he didn't call or show up for the Bible Study. Once he & a CO dropped by to invite me to the CO's talk (which I didn't go to). He said something about having 'health problems'. Then the following week no call about Bible Study. Apparently I was dropped like a hot potato when I started asking hard questions about the Organization & the doctrines. Has anyone else had a similar experience or heard of a similar occurance?

• zeroday
    zeroday

They are looking only for people that will check their brain at the Kingdom Hall door...You demonstrated you have a brain of your own and weren't about to accept what they said just because they said it...at this point you became a waste of their time and potentially a threat if you were allowed to become a JW and spread your unthinkable reasoning ability to the rest of the congregation...

• oompa
    oompa

you poor poor thing....just write wt and you can prob get a new study..........oompa

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That's not surprising; your comments showed that you were under apostate influence and probably demonized.

CONGRATULATIONS!

• heathen
    heathen

yah I argued when I studied because their dogma didn't make sense at times and was "marked" or something since everybody's attitude seemed to change and there were comments made during talks that you know are directed at you and if you say anything people will just tell you , you're paranoid. Since it's ok to lie to non members.

• blondie
    blondie

jws aren't encouraged to study for too long a period with people unless they make "progress." Going to the meetings was a start but after 1-1/2 years they were probably expecting you to start in the field circus. Your comments indicated you would not pass the test questions for field circus.

Shame on him for not being up front with you though if he is dropping you.

Blondie

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum Roger.

Everything you brought up to the study conductor was a very valid objection. A year and a half is a long time to study -- perhaps your conductor saw you weren't making proper "progress" towards coming in to the organization. I've heard of good studies being dropped because of a lack of perceived 'progress'. My JW parents had a study that just liked the companionship, but never became JW's.

So I think they probably concluded they taught you all they could, and you still weren't biting. Good for you.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Welcome to the board....

During a recent study, I told the conductor that I didn't believe in the 'Annointed' & didn't believe the FDS had a 'hotline' to Jehovah.

That will pretty much do it....

Well with your new found freedom...you can enjoy the valuable information here. We won't drop you

like a hot potatoe...

hope4others

• Satanus
    Satanus

The co prolly came to make a last ditch attempt at awakening you, or assessing your condition.

S

• loosie
    loosie

That is a good way to get them to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit