How Can people talk to Children like that....

by Hope4Others 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    I'll stick with my old-fashioned ways, which are so harsh, apparently, as to make a child sit in time out for misbehavior. Anyone who feels safe out in public with their kids had better think again.

I see no problem with time out...its a good plan, kids still learn their limits, and that there is consequences for misbehavior. I'm talking about abuse by language, threats just

darn right uncalled for meanness.

h4o

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

So now we're going to label things parents say to their kids in a fit of rage as abuse?

Yes Keyser, that is abuse

I'm sure you think so. A victim of actual abuse might disagree, however.

• StAnn
    StAnn
    So, somehow, I have to find a therapist for him when I cannot afford one. Who knows what kind of crap they will give me if I don't find one before school starts. Thank God that little punk will not be with Julian's school this coming year.

FHN, does your school provide a therapist? Schools in Ohio do. That could satisfy the school and not cost you anything.

Personally, at this point, I would never talk with or meet with the schools unless I had an attorney, advocate, or educational consultant with me.

Re: the little punk, the last teacher I dealt with was fresh out of college, too. She kept saying things like, "You have to do this or that or else...." I told her that I've got kids her age, I'm old enough to be her mother, and that she couldn't intimidate me the way she could some young mother who doesn't know better, so pipe down. That shut her up. She'd known my son for a few months, I'd known him for years, and she's trying to tell me that my son needs medication? She specifically stated he needed Risperdal. I told her that I wish I'd gotten that on tape because I'd try to have her charged with practicing medicine without a license. (This is generally what has to be done to schools who insist on medicating children.) I did report the school to Children's Services for abuse and neglect because they injured my youngest son so badly that he couldn't walk, but that's another long story.

Think I'm over-reacting? Read this. This story is about some friend's of mine and the article waters it down considerably.

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/nate-parents-home-1982047-government-court

StAnn

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'm sure you think so. A victim of actual abuse might disagree, however.

See my comment up above. My mother was abusive. I didn't mind her threatening me so much, the words were just figures of speech. Much of the time I knew she didn't mean them and I heard other mothers say similar things.

What did hurt though was the attacks on my character and inattention to the point that I nearly died from medical neglect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit